Hondo's Bar

Deadpool 2

I'm a bit torn on this PG-13 re-release. On one hand I think it's a hilarious idea, and the Fred Savage/Princess Bride parody worked really well in the trailer. On the other hand, it's a blatant money grab by Fox, and I'm irked because they already got my money for the super-duper cut BR. DP2 already grossed as much at the box office as the original film (something in the neighborhood of $780 million worldwide), so this really should've been a DVD/BR special feature.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Apparently it was Ryan Reynolds' idea and a portion of the proceeds go to charity.

One dollar of every ticket sold will go to F-ck Cancer, which is temporarily calling itself “Fudge Cancer” to keep in line with the film’s new rating. This is apropos, as Wade Wilson’s cancer diagnosis is what leads him down the path to becoming Deadpool.

Ryan Reynolds said of the rerelease, “Fox has been asking for a PG-13 basically since the start in 2006, I’ve said no since 2006. Now, this one time, I said ‘Yes’ on two conditions. First, a portion of the proceeds had to go to charity. Second, I wanted to kidnap Fred Savage. The second condition took some explaining …”

23 hours ago, Mr. Hakujin said:

I'm a bit torn on this PG-13 re-release. On one hand I think it's a hilarious idea, and the Fred Savage/Princess Bride parody worked really well in the trailer. On the other hand, it's a blatant money grab by Fox, and I'm irked because they already got my money for the super-duper cut BR. DP2 already grossed as much at the box office as the original film (something in the neighborhood of $780 million worldwide), so this really should've been a DVD/BR special feature.

Apologies if this has come up but here's another alarming headline for you.

The message is PG brings in a significantly wider audience and therefore more $$ regardless of quality. The demand has clearly been there since the influx of underaged attendees to Logan and DP1 screenings, and with that being said I love the idea of being able to take my godson to see this(little dude loves his Marvel).

It's a blatant cashgrab with a reacharound, at least.

• Wow! 1