Hondo's Bar

King of the Hill

The NZA

FOX might revive "King of the Hill."

The network has had “preliminary conversations” with series creators Mike Judge and Greg Daniels about reviving the ‘toon, Fox Chairman and CEO Dana Walden confirmed to reporters Tuesday at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour. “I would like to explore that [further] with Mike and Greg,” Walden added. “Given what’s going on in the country [under President Trump], I think they have a point of view about how those characters would respond. But it was one meeting. I hope to revisit it.”

Walden was quick to note that both Daniels and Judge “are very busy,” and stressed that the meeting was “a first, exploratory [conversation]…. It’s about finding time [to do it].”

giphy.gif8pCDVzT.gif

tvAKgJy.gifzr5rcgQ.gif

N6aGJFc.gif

91JCCob.gif

FVgeeyc.gif

I was just thinking the other day, that I needed to go back and watch King Of The Hill from the start as I only watched it sporadically as a kid growing up. And then Bam! Reunion.

The same thing happened with The League of Gentlemen (English horror sitcom from the 90's), I started watching it again recently and thought "I wonder if they'll ever come back?" and then after a google search I see that they've also announced a reunion. I need to put these powers to good use. First up for revival, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

Edited by alive she cried
  • Upvote 1

• 3 years later...

As spotted by Tech Radar, Forrester teased the possible revival during a Reddit AMA session. While negotiations are still underway, Forrester revealed the plan is to reintroduce Hank Hill and family 15 years after the events of the series finale.

"I am sure Greg Daniels and Mike Judge will murder me for sharing this but... HELL YES," Forrester writes. "They are in hot negotiations to bring back King of the Hill. The Trump administration made it suddenly very relevant again. The characters have all aged 15 years. The project is sooooo good. Okay I've said too much :)"

• 1 year later...
deadline.com

‘King Of The Hill’ Revival Ordered By Hulu; Mike Judge, Greg Daniels And Original Cast Set To Return

Hulu is laying out the welcome mat for the Hill family: the streamer is reviving King of the Hill from 20th Television Animation, with co-creators Mike Judge and Greg Daniels set to return, as well…