Hondo's Bar

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina the teenage witch

The NZA

source

pUn50rH.jpg

It’s official: Sabrina the Teenage Witch is making tracks for Riverdale — though perhaps not the way fans have been speculating.

The CW is developing a one-hour Riverdale spinoff titled The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, TVLine has learned. The project, being likened to Rosemary’s Baby and The Exorcist in its tonality, “reimagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a dark coming-of-age story that traffics in horror, the occult and, of course, witchcraft. … This adaptation finds Sabrina wrestling to reconcile her dual nature — half-witch, half-mortal — while standing against the evil forces that threaten her, her family and the daylight world humans inhabit.”

Riverdale showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa will pen the script, with Lee Toland Krieger on board to direct. Both will executive-produce, alongside Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Jon Goldwater.

tenor.gif

it's CW so there's next to no way it'll be half as dark/awesome as the book, but still interested

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

3 episodes in and this show is a lot of fun! It's got a bit of the cringey, cw writing, but I feel like it was put it as an afterthought to all the cool supernatural witch shit going on. 

qGIx2ng.jpg

This show has everything:

Lesbians

Demonic Cats

Courtroom Drama

A large, terrifying goat.

It's funny and dark and definitely doesn't take itself too seriously. Ambrose is becoming one of my favorite characters on tv. My biggest complaint is that the episodes are too long. 

About to start episode 7 and I can't understand why I'm still doing this. It's one of those weird things where I'm not really enjoying it, it's just sort of on, but it has juuuuust enough funny or interesting parts to keep me from preventing Netflix to jump to the next episode. Honestly, if Netflix gave me more than 5 seconds to decide, I might've stopped watching but another one just starts and I'm like, "Okay, I guess we're doing this." 

It's not bad...I guess. It's just not...great? I dunno. It's really cheesy and some of the stories were downright ridiculous (the court shit was stupid). Ambrose is definitely the most interesting character and needs more screen time.

Also still in it for Salem, who is woefully underused. Such a gorgeous, helpful demon kitty.

• Haha 1