Hondo's Bar

Channel Zero

Second season is losing me. I loved the slow burn of S1. But this one feels like they are running out of ideas.

I wish they had done more with the infinite number of rooms stuff. It feels kinda aimless though.

Sticking with it. Hoping the last episode brings it around!

• 4 months later...

Needless to say, I found the first season way better than, ahem, the lot of you (LOVED IT, to be honest). And the second season, while more confusing, still gets a pass for being damn creepy. But the third...

I'm one ep for finishing it and I. Have. No. Idea. What. The. Fuck. Is. Going. On. And not in the good, "they keep me guessing/on my toes" kinda way. I just don't understand what the fuck is actually happening. And I don't think I like it at all. Don't get me wrong: the performances are fucking fantastic. And the visuals are awesome, but the story? Is what exactly?!

I get that we're going for an perverse version of Alice in Wonderland, or rather, Alice just going down the rabbithole forever, but I just don't get what's going on beyond that. Like, that finale better be three hours long to tie up everything nice and in a bow for me. Please?

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So, the 4th season comes in just shy of the first as my favorite season so far. Probably the best overall acting of the series (the sisters from season 3 kill it tho) and my favorite characters/villains yet. Also, the best gore.

This show gets a lot of flack, but I love it. It's pretentious horror, but fun horror. Sure, sometimes it really doesn't make sense, but it blows my mind that a Creepypasta show even exists (makes me feel like one of my stories can be adapted one day).

• 1 month later...

So I finally got to watch the dream door this week.

...holy fuck shit was this season amazing. It has entire story arcs, a fantastic monster...a straight up 80s vibe (without being stranger things) and a great cast. I don't think I can praise how fucking great this season was. I mean, come on - it's only 6 episodes and they did SO much with those 6 episodes. It makes such great use of the "downtime" between big monster things...

oh and that whole fetus thing?!

Do not sleep on Channel Zero. Seriously. 

44 minutes ago, Donatella said:

Are these seasons self-contained? Can you just jump in whenever? Season 2 seemed to be a stinker by all accounts, but if later stuff is good, I've been searching for things to binge.

Yes the seasons are self contained. I loved the book House of Leaves and S2 has a very House of Leaves vibe to it so ill fucking fight people over it. Overall they are all worth watching since each season is only 6 1-hour episodes. 

• 2 weeks later...