Hondo's Bar

RIP Tom Petty

The NZA

Tom_Petty_2013.jpg

source

Tom Petty was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after he was found unconscious, not breathing and in full cardiac arrest ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

EMTs rushed to his Malibu home and were able to get a pulse. He was rushed to the UCLA Santa Monica Hospital and our sources say he was put on life support.

Petty's condition is unknown but was critical from the moment he was found.

Petty, who became famous with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in 1978 with "Breakdown", is 66.

We've been in touch with numerous people from Petty's camp and they are clearly upset but not talking.

UPDATE: We're told after Petty got to the hospital he had no brain activity and a decision was made to pull life support.

this one really stings - i'm a big fan of dude & got to see him with junkerseed years back on the cheap, just really not accepting this one yet.

I haven't been able to listen to his songs since he died. I caught about 5 seconds of one that a friend posted on IG and it hurt far too much. :( NZA and I are gonna grab his greatest hits on vinyl and maybe in a couple weeks I'll be ready to have a drink and listen in his honor. Man, I had no idea this would hit me so hard!!

Yeah, man - seriously. RIP

I was pretty much on the same boat. Me n' my gf got trashed the other night - we totally felt the hit. Just had his great tune-age playing all evening. They don't make 'em like that anymore. Decades of goodness. One could only hope to aspire. Sad how 'rock music' is becoming another era. But at the same time - oddly - kinda cool. Transportative.

Mr. Petty, thanks for contributing to the 'soundtrack' - RIP. Man. Totally enjoyed.

There's so much - but this was the stuff I immediately went for...

I've been to - straight up - countless funerals.

I like when they're approached as a 'celebration' of a life. My mother and I have very different 'views' on stuff - but, like me (or her) - she doesn't want anyone 'wearing black' at her funeral. "Don't let it be a sad day. Remember the good times. Let the gathering on my account, be a good one. Enjoy it. My way of saying "Thank you, too."