Hondo's Bar

Artist To Fuck Off In 2003

The NZA

Who should be muzzled by the year's end?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all good and fine (Nirvana and Foos beign the good, and the Deftones being the fine), but I listen to a diverse range of music. I think of Prince as the David Bowie of the 80s. Androgious, highly sexual, and a complete freak job, but a musical genius nonetheless, and often times people can't see past the freak show to see the genius.

Speakin of manson, he and eminem have lots in common. Both were discovered and brought to the music world by an utter badass, then proceeded to get more famous than said badass (maybe not as famous as said badass in their peak, but at the moment) lots of people get sick of them, they mouth off in interviews, etc etc ad nauseum. I thought it was cool that manson appeared in eminem's "The way I am" video... very appropriate.

Oh, and I agree about no doubt, tragic kingdom was fucking great, and now I absolutely fucking hate them

I haven't been impressed with Marilyn Manson very much. Heard some ok songs and some shitty songs (there was this one where the video took place on a football field. It sucked. Most of the stuff of his I've enjoyed are covers, and that's most for the novelty of it. He's certainly a smart guy, you just need watch his interview from Bowling For Columbine to see he has his shit together mentally, but he's not a musical genius. I still think that Prince is though. At age 18, he was the youngest artist ever to be given complete creative lisence in the recording studio by a major label. I know that doesn't PROVE anything, but it's damn impressive.

Here's an article on Marylin Manson.

• 2 months later...

LAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "Boo" tour was dealt a further blow when Manson learned that Eminem's The Marshall Mathers LP had been banned from all Kmart stores. Manson's current album, Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death), is still available.

"Why are all you people outraged by Eminem? He's not scary!" Manson said. "He doesn't sport ghoulishly pale skin or wear gender-bending make-up. He's just some regular guy. I'm the one who people should be terrified by, not him! Me!"

"If you ban me," Manson continued, "I promise to rail against censorship and hypocrisy. Please? Pretty, pretty please?"

I aint a big fan of Manson, he has some great somngs but for the number of albums they've had, its 20% good to 80% crap.

As for the original list, im stumped, I hate J-Lo but she's bwwn in some good films

-Out Of Sight

-The Cell

-U-Turn

If she stuck to the movies i would'nt hate her so much

None of her recent movies have been good though. Look at the movies she been in, chronologically, from latest to first:

Maid in Manhattan (2002)

Enough (2002)

Angel Eyes (2001)

Wedding Planner, The (2001)

Cell, The (2000)

Antz (1998) (voice)

Out of Sight (1998)

U Turn (1997)

Anaconda (1997)

Selena (1997)

Blood and Wine (1996)

Jack (1996)

Money Train (1995)

How many movies did it take to get to one you like? I don't think Antz counts. Voice performances don't count.