Hondo's Bar

Venom

The NZA

VENOM Movie Unleashes Dark, Powerful Carnage

venom.0.jpg

Tom Hardy has been training with MMA fighter Nathan Jones for Eddie Brock's massive transformation into Venom. Jones has now declared that the world isn't ready for what Hardy is about to unleash. Unlike the agile, nimble, more slender build of Peter Parker's Spider-Man, Eddie Brock's Venom is a much larger, more intimidating character. To prepare for the role of the roided-up Symbiote anti-hero, Tom Hardy has been training with Jones and weight trainer Mark Mene and they have released a new video of Hardy preparing for his role.

Production for Venom is currently underway and we have seen a few pictures and short clips from the set, but the new video showing off Tom Hardy's training regimen in the most intense look that we've seen thus far. Both trainers Nathan Jones and Mark Mene promise a villain the likes of which have never been seen before. Mene had this to say.

"What the world is going to see is one of the darkest, most powerful supervillains that Marvel has ever created. It's going to be carnage."

Mene also described Hardy as "humble" and "down to earth" in the training video. Mene went onto revealed that Hardy is dealing with a character that turns into an "8' 4" beast," which explains the crazy training that was involved in preparing Tom Hardy for the role.

Tom Hardy never does things by the book. He already made intense transformations for roles in The Krays, Bronson, and Mad Max: Fury, not to mention his terrific Bane in Batman: The Dark Knight Rises. Now Hardy is reportedly throwing himself into a punishing Mixed Martial Arts regimen with Nathan Jones twice a day, five days a week. When talking about Hardy, Jones said, "he's got power. I like that. He's got that fight in him." Jones went on to say that the majority of people opt for the easy way or the shortcut, but states that Tom Hardy goes the extra mile.

"Most people, you give them the choice, they will always take the easy option. 'You want more? No, I'm OK.' But not Tom. There's always room for one more."

Tom Hardy plays Eddie Brock, the Spider-Man character who becomes Venom, in a dark new twist on the story directed by Ruben Fleischer, the brains behind hit horror comedy, Zombieland for Sony. The fact that trainer Mark Mene even brings up the word "carnage" in the video should get Marvel fans pumped up for what will become of the Spider-Man spin-off movie. Though there hasn't been any footage of Hardy as Venom released yet, it's certainly going to be a sight, especially after all of the training that the actor has gone through.

Should've saved Carnage for the cross-over flick.

Venom, Morbius, Silver Sable...I don't remember what else they've announced - do the solo stuff, wrap it all up w/ "MAXIMUM CARNAGE".  Maybe that could be the debut of Spidey-proper in this universe.  Everyone banding together to stop the unstoppable mass murderer...

(shrugs)  Eh - either way, I think it's confirmed this universe is gonna have oodles of more umph n' balls than Disney's Spidey films.  I can already see the Sega / Nintendo memes.

On 11/24/2017 at 7:15 PM, Axels said:

Ugh, please be good.

Yes.

• 2 weeks later...

First Banner of Tom Hardy's VENOM Movie

venom-movie-poster-ccxp-image-2.jpg

venom-movie-poster-ccxp-image-3-600x403.

While at CCXP (Comic Con Experience) in Brazil, Collider’s own Steve Weintraub stumbled upon something very interesting. At the Sony booth, somewhat hidden, there was a banner for Venom, with what could be the film’s logo. While nothing is confirmed, it seems possible now that Sony might use CCXP as a launch point for their promotion of Venom.

For those who aren’t caught up, the movie is a Spider-Man spinoff (that will likely not include the actual Spider-Man) directed by Zombieland‘s Ruben Fleischer and starring Tom Hardy, alongside Michelle Williams, Riz Ahmed, and Jenny Slate. In the comics, Venom is a.k.a. Eddie Brock, a spiteful photographer who merged with an alien symbiote that was late of Peter Parker (once Peter realized it was turning him evil, though it also gave him some super-powered perks)

VENOM movie is based on "Lethal Protector" run

Tom Hardy is currently at the Comic Con Experience 2017 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, where they've revealed the official logo of the movie. But Hardy could also tell fans, that the film is heavily influenced by the 1993 comic book run "Lethal Protector."

There's been plenty of confusion as to how Sony is gonna adapt Venom to his own movie without it featuring Spider-Man, but at least now we have an idea of where from the Sony executives are pulling from.

Tom Hardy also confirmed the movie will take place in San Francisco. And he promised fans that the movie will bring plenty of action and dark humor.

7 hours ago, Da Cap'n 2099 said:

While I would love Woody as Carnage I'm hoping it's in a cameo only. I've always said that if they made a Venom movie, the main "villain" should be Sin-Eater. Build it up. Don't give us all the goods right away.

this is a good and reasonable post

IT IS ALSO A TRASH POST BECAUSE KIDS NEED MORE CARNAGE BEFORE THIS VENOM SHIP SINKS

ih6K6Uh.jpg

• Haha 1

This might be Venom’s design in the film
www.mikkelfrandsen.com/venom

[IMG]

https://screenrant.com/venom-tom-hardy-concept-art-sculpture-design/

• 4 weeks later...

Rumor: The Venom movie with no Spider-Man, may actually have Spider-Man

Today on Movie Talk, Jon Schnepp said he heard a very different story and that Holland’s Spider-Man will in fact be in Venom:

Spider-Man is going to be in Venom. For the last couple of months, we’ve been hearing how Sony is keeping it all separated, and Spider-Man is in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but every other character that’s in the Spider-Man universe is separate. All I’m saying is that Spider-Man—and I’m talking about Tom Holland’s Spider-Man—is going to be in Venom.”

• 3 weeks later...