Hondo's Bar

Venom

The NZA

RUMOR: We won't see the Venom suit until the very end of the movie.

Now, a new rumour is doing the rounds that we won't actually see more than a couple of minutes of Venom in, well, Venom. Instead, the symbiote will mostly manifest itself via black veins on Eddie Brock's arms and as tendrils and even a shield during a car chase. It won't be until the very end of the movie that the alien forms a suit around its host but even that will only be for a battle lasting a couple of minutes against the lead villain described as a scientist also infected with an alien symbiote. 

Nothing is confirmed right now but based on what producers Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach did with The Amazing Spider-Man movies, it's all easy to believe and points to an underwhelming solo outing for the 
fan-favourite Marvel Comics character. Throw in the fact that it has only a modest budget and the lack of Venom definitely makes sense. What do you guys think? Feel free to weigh in in the usual place.

giphy.gif

again, I honestly think a Brock psych horror flick with minimal symbiote could be really great, I just don't know that sony can manage it themselves 

split really convinced me this could be so great if done right...it's just that none of us are expecting that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

main-qimg-15d9e342703b9de76ff173f300c0b8

114063.jpg?b64lines=SSdtIGxhdWdoaW5nCmFs

116565.jpg?b64lines=SVQnUyBOT1QgQQogQ09N

LOL - sounds like they cast Tor Johnson as Eddie Brock.

I've only ever seen this dude in Mad Max...well, I guess also that one time as Bane in that awful Dark Knight sequel?  Dude feels hooorribly miscast in this.  Maybe it was pitched to him as something else - it was prolly originally a bit more 'horror'...but this is 90s...for everyone...Spawn-movie-derpy.

I blame the 'success' of Homecoming. (blech)

All I ever wanted was "We are...Venom!"  I got it - and it was, 'eh'.  It doesn't even look good.  This feels both 20 years too late....and rushed.

tumblr_npfgfzHdbP1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm going in with really lowered expectations (as i do with most venom comics). we weren't gonna get some good psych horror (a la splitl here, so the more symbiote wrecking stuff, the better by me

mind you if this was a full on MCU joint I'd expect a lot better 

• 1 month later...