Hondo's Bar

Venom

The NZA

A film about Carnage...w/out blood?  I'm suddenly reminded of 'Spawn'...

1058ed4658e2b4a3900f2f623e601ce5.jpg

Spidey isn't even in this.  If it's about maintaining approachable product for the brand - I'd get it.  But - it might as well be it's own R-Rated horror / action flick.

Deadpool and Logan proved something.  Who's making decisions over there?

This makes about as much sense as a Spidey origin w/out Uncle Ben - or a Venom origin w/out Spidey.  A blood-soaked, murderous serial killer...super-villain - given a live-action treatment - during a time when any imaginative-thing...imaginable can be put on screen...to not play that up - is such a waste.  He deserves better.

Maximum-Carnage-181.jpg

2b9684c3-18a1-4883-aa8d-73d1a3e4b431.jpg

8otw-1432442892-43259-full.jpg

• Haha 1

Oh this was hardly a Catwoman. More like... Ang Lee's Hulk at worst. You could really see where the R rating was nerfed. And they missed some opportunities to tweak the movie in the right direction. But low expectations helped me like it more than I thought I would.

They DID miss a golden fucking opportunity

to give Venom a variation of the chest symbol. When Riot stabs Eddie and Venom heals him, that spike should have been integrated and just given him a spider like symbol on his chest. It wouldve been kinda cheesy, but it would have worked and made Venom look more like himself instead of a generic monster.

I will say I loved the restaurant scene.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2018 at 9:05 PM, Axels said:

Oh this was hardly a Catwoman. More like... Ang Lee's Hulk at worst. You could really see where the R rating was nerfed. And they missed some opportunities to tweak the movie in the right direction. But low expectations helped me like it more than I thought I would.

Agreed on pretty much all of this. It was entertainingly bad. 

• 5 months later...

finally watched this on the plane - this was a lot of dumb fun. liberties were obviously taken (i for one welcome elon musk as the villain) especially in terms of the symbiotes relationship, but i was lead to beleibe this would be a far less enjoyable mess. even an eminem theme song at the end couldn't deter me 

even a little bummed we wont get goofy woody cassady, especially after the baddie used some of his moves towards the end

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

can't stop this train, apparently - is el muerto supposed to be tarantula, maybe?  no idea why they're giving so many villains flicks, but i'm gonna assume marvel's not gonna let them run with miguel o'hara or another spider-man of their own just yet (sorry, @Visitant - one day our prince will come)