Hondo's Bar

R.I.P. Dolores O'Riordan of the Cranberries

The NZA

Dolores O'Riordan (Singer of The Cranberries) dies suddenly in London

Limerick singer and Cranberries front woman Dolores O’Riordan has died suddenly in London at the age of 46.

Her publicist confirmed the news in a statement which read: "The lead singer with the Irish band The Cranberries was in London for a short recording session. No further details are available at this time. 

"Family members are devastated to hear the breaking news and have requested privacy at this very difficult time."

More to follow.

• Sad 1

• 11 months later...

The Cranberries announce 'In The End' - their final album with their late singer Dolores O'Riordan

The Cranberries’ Dolores O’Riordan died in early 2018, just as the Irish rock band was working on a new album. Now, exactly one year to the day of her passing, that album has been officially announced. Called In The End, it arrives on April 26 via BGM.

According to Rolling Stone, the album’s 11 tracks were demoed prior to O’Riordan’s death and, with the blessing of her family, completed with the help of producer and longtime Cranberries collaborator Stephen Street. “Dolores was so energized by the prospect of making this record and to getting back out on the road to play the songs live,” the band’s Noel Hogan said in a statement.

O’Riordan’s mother, Eileen, released a statement of her own. “I can’t think of a more fitting way to commemorate the first anniversary of Dolores’ passing and to celebrate her life than to announce to the world the release of her final album with the band,” she said. “I miss her awfully, specially today, as does the entire family. She was very excited about this new album and was really looking forward to its release. I have no doubt that she is happy now and would be delighted with today’s announcement.”

The lead single from the album: