Hondo's Bar

The Witcher

Keth

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-witchers-netflix-showrunner-lists-characters-that-will-be-in-the-show/?utm_content=buffere771c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

The Witcher series of books are getting a Netflix adaptation, and back in Decemberwe learned that producer and writer Lauren Hissrich will be Geralt's showrunner. Hissrich has previously executive produced Daredevil and The Defenders for Netflix, written episodes for both shows (and for The West Wing, in the early 2000s). Thanks to her Twitter feed, we can put together a few new tidbits about the show, how it's shaping up, and which familiar characters we can expect to see. And yes, we'll get the most important out of the way first: Roach is in.

Hissrich wrote brief descriptions of The Witcher's major characters. Geralt is "stoic" but also "soft-and-squishy-in-a-tiny-place-in-his-heart-that-he'll-never-reveal-until-maybe-the-end-and-even-then-it-will-just-be-a-hint." Yennefer is fiery and proud; Triss Merigold is spunky and idealistic; Ciri resilient and relentless. We can also expect to see Jaskier (who we know as Dandelion in the English adaptations), Geralt's vampire buddy Regis, Emperor Emhyr var Emreis, and some characters who aren't in the games.

I still never beat the last game, honestly thought it was pretty overrated. BUT, I did really enjoy it.  Mainly because Geralt became one of my favorite characters. I really hope he's cast well. This should be good. I wanna read the books at some point. I was told it's like readimg a bunch of side quests.

• 6 months later...

I could have sworn I made a thread for this show.

Anyway I hope this show is good, cause I'm not a fan of this casting. As far as I know the show is based off of the books more than games, so maybe this is better than I think? Anyone read them?

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm two episodes in and it's really fun. It's got a kind of jarring shift in tone depending on which characters it is following, but it is really charming. It reminds me of 90s adventure shows like Hercules and Xena. I think anyone expecting this to be like GoT will be disappointed. Or maybe not depending on why they watched GoT. This show is definitely cornier and isn't afraid of how weird its supposed to be. I'm loving it. 

Edited by Axels