Hondo's Bar

Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

The NZA

2 hours ago, Iambaytor said:

Does teenage April mean a teenage Casey Jones, though?  I mean their relationship is hardly a cornerstone of the mythology but it would seem weird for him to be hanging around as the only non-rat adult in the crew.  And I know he wasn't in the animated show or the latter two movies but he adds a nice little somethinf extra to the series that he has been in.  

I don't think it's much of stretch that an adult woman who is a scientist or a reporter (depending on the version) would be interested in spending time with talking bipedal martial artist turtles and their weird elderly rat father.

Teen April does mean Teen Casey but I loved both in the last series:

tumblr_nmamp0BzLM1tkhqn1o1_540.jpg

And yes, I believe an adult April would be fascinated by these creatures, as any of us would, but she spent an inordinate amount of time in their underground lair to the point where I kept wondering when she even went to work! @The NZA , what iteration were we watching where her apartment gets destroyed and she just moves in with them?  I'm sorry, I just can't not be creeped out by it anymore!

4 minutes ago, Donatella said:

@The NZA , what iteration were we watching where her apartment gets destroyed and she just moves in with them?  I'm sorry, I just can't not be creeped out by it anymore!

oh man, i don't even remember, but yeah, that's weird 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ack-shirley:

Sorry I know this is about new design or old school blowjobbery with nothing inbetween buuuuut

The last/previous iteration of the turtles was bloody fantastic. I never thought I'd see something I liked more than my 90's cartoon but the animation was slick, the theme different but kept the pentameter and feel, and the story explored some crazy situations(and sprouted toys wherever it went. go figure :2t: ). 

For a PG rated show they really pushed some fun and slightly alarming horror & sci fi references in too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...