Hondo's Bar

Warner Bros. & DC Comics announce DC Universe

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

[IMG]

so yeah, it's a streaming service

• 2 months later...

DC Universe App Prices (7.99/month, 74.99/year)

Coinciding with the launch of the DC Universe Experience, a pop-up attraction at the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, DC and Warner Bros. announced that pre-orders for DC Universe have opened at DCUniverse.com for an annual fee of $74.99 (plus tax, in applicable areas), with a monthly subscription of $7.99 also available at launch. All fans who pre-order before launch will receive an additional three months at no cost.

yeah, i dunno - i don't feel like comic streaming services have been nailed down just yet (dark horse was a fucking mess last i'd heard, marvel is doing better but still can't have anything even semi-recent thanks to scared retailers), so maybe combining these services is a plus but i'm not sure how wide the audience for both is.  

i imagine they wanna have something for the inevitable marvel/disney/hulu behemoth coming up.  like, i'd prolly do a tier of that which brought a good marvel comics streaming service along with it, so i dig the direction but it still feels a few years ahead of its potential, in my mind.