Hondo's Bar

James Gunn teases horror project

source 

James Gunn’s untitled horror film from H Collective will open on Nov. 30 this year. This is the project directed by David Yarovesky that went into production in March. Brian and Mark Gunn wrote the script with The H Collective fully financing and producing alongside James Gunn and his company Troll Court Entertainment.

some folks think it's Berserk related, I'm hoping for Nameless 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoyKEEUklaICE7t_z_K4X

Xibalba.jpg

1xdswn.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/17/2018 at 7:42 PM, Donatella said:

I, too, would love Slither 2. 

I’m now realizing I never saw the last horror flick James wrote but didn’t direct. Did anyone catch The Belko Experiement? Seemed like Battle Royale in an office building. I wonder if it was any good!

Ok so @The NZA and I just watched The Belko Experiment and it was BRUTAL. It’s exactly what I thought, Battle Royale in an office. So nothing new story-wise, but it’s an enjoyable ride. Seems weird to say I enjoyed it, given the absolute carnage in it. But it accomplishes exactly what it sets out to do - shows our survival instincts under the most horrific circumstances. 

Man, it was gory as hell! Where most directors would cut away to spare the audience during a gruesome killing, this guy zooms in, so definitely not for the faint of heart! It’s only about 90 mins so it doesn’t overstay its welcome either. It’s really tense and suspenseful! I enjoyed it, even if my face was buried in Nick’s shoulder for much of it. 

Oh and did we ever find out what the new horror project was?

Edited by Donatella
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Any else check this out? I was kinda disappointed. It had some cool shit, but I really was hoping they would push it further than they did, and didn't give the kid enough reason to go evil other than "I'm strong and you're not" turning him into a bully rather than a more sympathetic character like say in Chronicle. 

Edited by Axels