Hondo's Bar

Poll to have Drifter suspended for a month

Da Cap'n 2099

Drifter suspension.  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

his ability to post in town square could easily be restricted - I'd rather not, and I'd love to believe the bit that this is somehow about "inclusion" but it pretty obviously isn't. 

sam, say what you gotta say here, man 

we have an old thread on rules & regulations, yeah...i don't recall it being specific on punishments, I'd tried to do that on a case-by-case basis. 

there's a troll member group.to bench someone into only posting in crap shack (I've only used it once or twice on long-standing members, before it was mostly to quarantine potential spammers while we looked into things). said spammers were also some of our only bans, but MM reminds me that maybe we should outline some things: distributing personal member info/pics without consent should certainly be open to a banning, as wools hacking us, repeated instances of hostilities towards the community (a pattern of such, after warnings & other efforts are exhausted of course) and I'm sure I'm forgetting obvious ones too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Donatella said:

This makes me curious. Does Hondos have official rules and regulations? Have you guys ever clearly laid out what are punishable offenses? Like what gets someone warned vs. suspended vs. banned?

This is a can of worms that has been the subject of several long and super contentious debates.  The answer is yes, but also... no.

• Upvote 1

see, i got into that in the problematic thread though: that was clearly my stance forever, and it cost us. a few people really abused it.

in this instance yeah, i agree that nothing's been done that warrants all that - but if, say, nothing was said & those threads kept being bumped, people would tire of it & the people whose toes had been stepped on by this effort may eventually follow so many others & say "why am i here if no one gives a shit?". i don't want that environment any more.

if someone came through attacking members now like it was '08 fight club, they'd get benched. we don't wanna go back to joel/jax days, is the thing.

2 minutes ago, the division of joy said:

I feel if we withstood Joel and Jax going at it for years, we can withstand drifter being an oddball.

I get this but in recent months I had the sudden realization that we actually never had to do that, we could have just made them stop.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

i appreciate it, but I've never wanted this place to be about me - i took over literally when the last admin banned someone, and the community at large disagreed & threatened to leave. I'd sooner hand the keys over than repeat that. 

• Really Like 2

1 minute ago, Stilly said:

I mean, at the end of the day, this is NZAs house that we're playing in... 

If someone is consistently antagonizing him or people he cares about...that should be a ban worthy offense.

Love the sentiment! But he often tells me he doesn’t want it to feel that way. That it should be fair and welcoming to everyone and feel like “our forum” and not his forum. I think it’s really sweet that he wants to be so diplomatic. It’s a shame that means people are seemingly free to do this kind of thing, though. 

(Just saw he responded before I was done typing!) 

15 minutes ago, Donatella said:

Love the sentiment! But he often tells me he doesn’t want it to feel that way. That it should be fair and welcoming to everyone and feel like “our forum” and not his forum. I think it’s really sweet that he wants to be so diplomatic. It’s a shame that means people are seemingly free to do this kind of thing, though. 

(Just saw he responded before I was done typing!) 

And I can agree with that, but I would expect to get kicked out of the public library if I took a dump in the middle of the children's nonfiction section during storytime. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, alive she cried said:

Am I the only one that believes that he could be genuine? I can see why ye think he's not, but I just can't see the motive. What could he possibly get out of pissing everybody off?

I might see myself buying that if his continual bumping of the birthday threads had no been so clearly flippant.  He's just trying to get a rise out of people and playing the innocent schoolboy act to try and keep it going. 

He's been told to stop several times tho. And nicely. If he actually gave a shit he'd just quit and move on. That's not the case tho so it's either put up with it and hopefully he gets bored and quits on his own or suspend him and hopefully he gets his shit together in a month.

1 minute ago, Iambaytor said:

I might see myself buying that if his continual bumping of the birthday threads had no been so clearly flippant.  He's just trying to get a rise out of people and playing the innocent schoolboy act to try and keep it going. 

Yeah, the man is in his mid to late thirties though, doesn't he have a wife and kid/kids? I just...who would do that?

2 minutes ago, the division of joy said:

Sexual gratification!

15%2B-%2B1

2 minutes ago, Da Cap'n 2099 said:

He's been told to stop several times tho. And nicely. If he actually gave a shit he'd just quit and move on. That's not the case tho so it's either put up with it and hopefully he gets bored and quits on his own or suspend him and hopefully he gets his shit together in a month.

Yeah, that isn't good. Once confronted, and given a new thread, you would expect it to stop.

Edited by alive she cried

12 minutes ago, alive she cried said:

Yeah, the man is in his mid to late thirties though, doesn't he have a wife and kid/kids? I just...who would do that?

Don't think that hasn't been at the top of my mind.  But if internet has taught me anything it's to never overestimate the immaturity of a grown-ass adult.