Hondo's Bar

ALF

ALF Reboot In the Works at WBTV

Earth to Gordon Shumway: Book an appointment with your groomer.

Warner Bros. is in the early stages of developing a reboot of the beloved ’80s alien sitcom ALF, TVLine has learned exclusively. The original series — which centered on a hairy, sarcastic extraterrestrial who is taken in by a middle-class family — ran for four seasons NBC, with the series finale airing March 24, 1990. All told, 102 episodes were produced.

Warner Bros. is searching for a writer to spearhead the update. A rep for the studio declined to comment for this story.

more

The reboot, starring the friendly alien who lands in the home of a middle-class family, would reportedly focus on ALF returning to earth, with a new family and new characters. Original writers Tom Patchett and Paul Fusco are attached, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

fuckin FINALLY 

alfep218p.png

1166047.jpg

• Hmmm 1

• 2 weeks later...

I personally want to see a sequel, the racist tirade can be incorporated into the character. Just make him racist. ALF in the Family. What would that make him? A racist, pull-the-ladder up person of colour. I'm possibly a little too keen to test the limits of satire, but It's a character type I'm seeing more in daily life, so why not?