Hondo's Bar

What streaming services do you use?

Streaming pay services  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

just curious to see who's on what these days - i had netflix when they started up (thanks to yahve), currently use donny's account for that + hulu, the latter should be big next year when the fox merger's done.  

i don't really know how to find/use stuff on amazon, which is weird but their setup kinda sucks.  

what about you guys? 

I'm team Netflix and use terrarium for what I can't get on Netflix. 

Some of the OC on Netflix is garbage but on the other end there are things like Big Mouth, Orange and 4 seasons of House of Redacted that have been worth the monthly alone.

Only one I'd consider would be Amazon as they've some sweet shows I like, such as marvellous Mrs maisel.

1 hour ago, the division of joy said:

I'm team Netflix and use terrarium for what I can't get on Netflix. 

Never heard of terrarium, what is it?

I have Netflix, WWE Network and Amazon, but Prime is the main reason for that. 

I'd consider Disney if they have like every classic movie they own, not just kids movies.

Netflix and Hulu are my JAM. We don’t have cable so I watch new stuff there if it’s available and DL most other things. I have Amazon Prime for deliveries but hardly ever use the video streaming because they make it so inaccessible. I didn’t even know they had a dedicated app for it until Bishop told me about it a couple weeks ago (I’d looked for one for a while and gave up). My mom has cable and hbo so I use her hbo-go login! I can’t see myself springing for another service. I feel like I get everything I need with these!

Given that Disney is already snapping back all the good content on Netflix I'll be getting on that for sure. Plus for the kids I guess.  W/e

Currently I use Netflix and Stan(its an AU composite of Hulu and Amazon, based on content offered).  Stan is my favorite because it has a lot more local content but the search function is a real pain in the dick. 

ill have to look into stan - WWE is advertised here as $9.99  A MONTH BRO at every chance vince gets, but it sounds like something that only works as long as classic wrestling fans feel nostalgic

on the other end of the specrtrum? this fox/disney deal feels like disney streaming will be inevitable for many, and hulu will only be stronger (as evident by netflix actively pursuing more original show content).   i'm really curios to see who's an actual contender in a year's time, because it feels the same as most markets: we're in a period of establishing who's gonna be the primary go-to's in 5-10 years from now. 

i.e.: right now, if you were a PC gamer wanting everything, you might have a steam, GOG, EA, ubisoft, MS etc account...but who's viably gonna be left by say 2021?  i mean, blockbuster had a streaming channel a few years ago to (with exclusive content, even) - how many of y'all still remember that? 

I've got Netflix, HBO GO, Amazon Prime, and Hulu. I definitely use AZN the least. I can see myself subscribing to Disney in the future if they start putting all the Marvel stuff there exclusively. And I'll probably be getting CBS All Access in 2019. Thanks Obama Picard.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

-Netflix

-Amazon

-Hulu

-Private Streaming website

Honestly, if I had more options for just putting the private site on every tv, I'd cut down to that since they get everything pretty quickly (some netflix shows go up same day). Amazon we have because of prime so that would stick around. 

I know I'm the minority here because I use a site like that, which basically means my desire to use new streaming services is cut to 0. Every time I see someone is starting a new streaming service I shrug - I figure if the show is that good, I'll see it pop up on my feed and check it out when I have the time.