Hondo's Bar

Member Title Suggestions

Keth

So in the wake of the new Rules and Regulations discussions, I wanted to toss out the possibility of letting folks choose their own member titles again. But some good points were made that we all already kind of have our own little signature section for that.

However, I kinda felt like using that space with admin having 100% control may result in a title being taken the wrong way causing

So, with NZA's blessing, I'm putting this here for member title suggestions! This could bring back the Quotables and let people still have a little say in what their title says. As of right now though I've got nothing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I never quite understood why we didn’t have control over our member titles. Felt a little weird. But now I mostly use Hondos on mobile and I can’t even see member titles (and NZA finally gave me a decent one) so I stopped caring. I do think letting people have input in some way is a good idea, though!

okay, so here's why i restricted them years back:

most folks just put self-praising bullshit that echoed their signatures/etc.  i liked having a spot to take the piss/have myself or others have something attached to them.  there's no doubt that some are straight negative - archangel & others come to mind - but they're about the only warning people have before reading their posts.  

i own to the fact that i'm keeping them locked down as a personal thing, and some are dickish and i'm open to suggestions.  not everyone takes them in stride the way ASC does his (which is one of my favorites as well).  that's why i have co-management now & welcome suggestions here, because frankly, some of the best ones have come from y'all & your offline exchanges with others.  

for the most part, i want them to be a gentle ribbing at best.

:lush: except folks like MM or acalis, ya'll are straight garbo and i have no ragrets

PS like most ideas on here, if the majority of y'all wanted user control over said member titles returned, i'd bitch & grumble but abide.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

So any chance I can get this "I trust IGN" offa mine? It was funny for at first, but recent events make me look like a fasch apologist or something. "Fuck IGN" is more appropriate I'd say. 

• Like 1

yeah, damn.  they looked like they were doing the right thing for a moment there too, didn't they? should've known

what if we put you as turbo zombie since you lost that group?  or something else?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...