Hondo's Bar

STREETS OF RAGE MOTHERFUCKING 4!!!

Visitant

oh my god, I've literally not wanted this game to happen since Fighting Force back on the PSX was supposed to be it - then the incredible fan game dripped years back & changed my mind 

this is what lizardcube has been up to since that fantastic remake of Wonder Boy III last year?! hell yes, day 1 

• Really Like 1

Yeah it really is. I have really fond memories of time wasted as a kid playing SoR. I used to record music from tv using my radio and like..DJ my own stuff (oh look, i podcast now) and I had one cassette where i think multiple times in I'd recorded the intro song from SoR because I loved it so much.  

• Like 1

Just now, Bindusara said:

Yeah it really is. I have really fond memories of time wasted as a kid playing SoR. I used to record music from tv using my radio and like..DJ my own stuff (oh look, i podcast now) and I had one cassette where i think multiple times in I'd recorded the intro song from SoR because I loved it so much.   

Hahaha! I thought I was the only one who recorded music from my TV! I had an old Talkboy voice recorder (HAD to get it after watching Home Alone 2) and I'd record all my favorite themes and background music. The intro to Tales from the Crypt was my JAM. 

But yeah, this game has awesome music! Fits the vibe so well. I am interested to hear the new soundtrack!

[IMG][IMG]

@Choose Life and I (and our other brothers) played the absolute shit out of Streets of Rage back in the day. Without exaggeration we must have completed it over 500 times. That said, while I'm really excited about this, this feels very SoR 2 (and I assume 3) in that it's less grounded the original. I loved the grittiness of the first game, which this seems to be lacking. I'm still looking forward to it, but I'd have loved something more in line with the original. 

P.s. Fantastic cosplay (as always).

Edited by alive she cried

12 hours ago, Donatella said:

I wish Blaze was a little more covered up because, as a busty girl, I can say with confidence that tube top is not conducive to ass kicking. She’d be topless after one spinny kicky move. But otherwise, I’m really hyped for this! 

Well too bad. You have to go for 100% accuracy in your cosplay. 

(this post totally not sponsored by Nick)

3 minutes ago, Bindusara said:

Well too bad. You have to go for 100% accuracy in your cosplay. 

(this post totally not sponsored by Nick) 

Hahaha! I try to make my cosplays as accurate as possible and I was SO grateful she was mostly covered up in SoR 1!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeah, @Donatella and i are gonna finally run through 3 soon - we're playing a translation of bare knuckle 3 (the jp version), since the US one got plot, colors and most importantly, difficulty changed before release (as part of the tragic trend at the time to artificially make games harder/ruin their balance to discourage game rentals, ugh).

I don't remember it being so damn hard.  I 'Game Over'd like, 3 freakin' times in a row (full runs) on the elevator / lift level...could be the last or next-to-last level.  Soul crushing.  I question my skills - but I know that can't be the case.

289655.jpg?b64lines=Tk8uCklUJ1MgVEhFIGdh

I'm gonna try again w/ a partner...I went solo.  I'll going for it this weekend...

Did a quick google search - no word if it's coming to Switch...

dm199-p.JPG

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...