Hondo's Bar

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

The NZA

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

paid the travel loan day 1, have blathers on the way and I'm out here fishing and bug catching with the flimsiest of shit (shoutout to young axels, cardboard weapons are back!) and running down the clock to be able to do more stuff tomotrotomorrow

cannot recommend using nook points on the tool ring and pocket inventory hard enough, man those are already helping 

• Like 1

day 2: 30k bells away from paying new mortgage off, need 10-15 iron ores to upgrade the shop and I've exhausted the rocks here so I'm guessing saving for another ticket is my only chance

used the first ticket & came back from some island with coconuts & a pop star cat moving in, so that was a success! blathers is still setting up shop, but at least the house brings storage for stuff he's not ready to accept yet...wonder if this'll be the first AC i actually fill out the museum in, i spend forever in these but it just doesn't happen

the pole vault got me to new sections of the island (bridges when?!), I'm guessing ill need a ladder or the like to reach the highest bits. 

dying for mabel & Co to show up and let me scan QR codes for clothing, i found an excellent batch of Zelda work done on new leaf:

god i hate flimsy tools, so of course the recipe for better ones...requires iron ore :misty:

Buy an island pass for 2000 nook miles! You can get a shitload of good materials. Plus a shovel early. And build new ones there to keep!

If I read your entire post above I woulda read this. 

Edited by Axels
  • Haha 1

I am THRILLED to have a game that doesn’t aggravate my vertigo!! Nick let me move onto his island today and I have been having so much fun just walking around collecting branches, fishing and building little things. I’ve never played an Animal Crossing game before so literally everything is new and exciting! 

• Really Like 1

first new neighbor showed up, museum's open, bridge is up & nooklings opened there shop! big day all around.

i need another 140k for this current mortgage, and clearly, the nook tickets to "random" islands ain't it.  time to sort out some turnip stock market shit by next weekend!

Goddamn I hate turnips.

Im hoping that beetles can yield some good gains. I planted some coconut trees to house them once they are up (Though I think they are a summer bug. We'll see). And Ive been planting money trees. I've been blowing my cash on wallpapers, flooring and clothes. I need more bag space dammit!

• Upvote 1

2KVNJDM.jpg

axels did you get the pocket management thing from the nook catalog at the ATM?  the tool ring or whatever is cheaper/great but damn, getting another row of inventory really helps, especially now that my tools take up nearly a row by themselves

also just spent the last hour or so going through old QR codes from new leaf to get outfits/pics for me & joods, this video is the single largest collection ive seen but you gotta pause like alla time

Post more house pics! Nook is bleeding me dry. Making bells is a bitch right now. Anyone got any more leads? I keep island hopping and hope to find different fruits. But do they just default to your default? Also post your fruits! I have oranges.

lookin sharp! we have oranges, coconuts, and apples now, apparently.  i'm going in on the stalk market on sunday and checking a large forum to see who gets the best prices because fucking hell look at this shit man

ET-_0NyUYAAwzc7?format=jpg&name=large

Total take was 6,793,200 - 972,000 investment. 108 Stacks bought at 90 and sold at 629.

in the meantime, ive added 2 rooms to my house doing this

you have to be careful & patient catching them, ive gotten pretty good at it now and most trips net me around 200k.  my current mortgage is 540k and i'm gonna run out of nook miles to take these trips soon, thinking ill just save up for turnips now

• Wow! 1

y'all! I'm down to help, if you need tools, spy certain furniture (i think you can check the catalog in my village?), etc just lemme know. this is my 3rd go around & I'm still learning new tricks - we're in this together!

I've got about 300k from tarantulas so far, nook is shut down today but hoping for another island visit tomorrow to bring it to a cool half million to sink into turnips on sunday! wish me luck 

• Really Like 1

axels i was just wondering about gyroids myself!

DOJ - you tell the airport you want visitors, they open the gates & give you a code. you pass that on, we enter it at our airports, and that should be it, for as long as you keep said gates open