Hondo's Bar

Aladdin 2019

Keth

This makes me want to watch the original version! I haven't seen it in years. Also, I know it's been a bit, but I'm not sure I'm ready to hear Robin Williams as Genie just yet.

Also, is anyone legitimately excited for Disney live remakes? I feel like I want to be, I just can't make myself care.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This was alot of fun. Way better than I expected. Just when it starts to slow down it picks right back up with something to rope you back in. 

The sequence for A Friend Like Me was fucking fantastic and really makes you want to cheer when it's over.

And something about Iago, who actually may be the biggest departure from the original, was terrifying. He was sinister as hell and was a really creepy presence somehow. Alan Tudyk did a great job voicing him. 

The movie was a blast overall though. I loved it.

Ehhhhh it's not as Bollywood as the trailers make it out to be. But I will say that it's definitely not whitewashed, and I think it's worth supporting at least for that. There is exactly one white person in this and his only job is to be the whitest person in the movie. 

Jafar is probably the worst thing about the movie. He is, unfortunately, extremely bland and forgettable. 

Edited by Axels
  • Upvote 1