Hondo's Bar

Erik Larsen (Larsen... WITH AN E)

Keth

I wanna talk about Erik LarsEn. I love this guy. He is surly as fuck. He is passionate as hell about comics. I don't necessarily agree with him about everything, but he always makes good points when it comes to the industry and making comics themselves. 

• Haha 1

oh man, i used to watch him & peter david rip each other's throats out on newsarama/cbr forums in the day. yeah, he's always been dickish but tolerably so

i was a big wolverine fan as a teen and ill never forget his 2 interviews in wizard in the day for his run there - one before and after. the before was exciting: he talked about how wolvys rogues gallery largely sucked, and how the trend back then of making a negative reflection of the character (venom, sabretooth etc) their default archnemesis was lazy. he had these ideas for new villains he wanted to introduce after giving him his adamantium back 

the next interview was after he abruptly ended his run, saying harris' editing was shit & every month it was "oh wow that idea's great! explore it all you want, but this month has to feature cable and nightcrawler, and there's a tie-in event for the next 3 issues." it sounded exhausting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1