Hondo's Bar

Kevin Feige is expected to recast Wolverine

The NZA

source

At a recent Television Critics Association panel (via Slash Film), Lauren Shuler Donner - a producer of every X-Men film since the year 2000 - was asked whether she expected Feige to recast the iconic role of Wolverine. "Yes," she responded simply. "I don’t know what Kevin’s thinking honestly. I don’t even think Kevin knows. I think Kevin’s still dealing with this wealth of characters and trying to make sense of them." She's probably right, in that the scale of the challenge will undoubtedly be intimidating Marvel right now. What's more. Marvel won't be able to make plans that are too concrete either, for fear of annoying regulators and causing legal problems for the acquisition.

But Donner clearly doesn't expect Feige to try to talk Hugh Jackman into coming back. For one thing, as she explained, she thinks Jackman is wise to have bowed out.

"Yes, because Hugh, just the physicality of it all, just to bulk up. This man worked so hard to bulk up, would get up at four in the morning to bulk and eat protein meals every two hours because his natural state, they used to call him Worm when he was a kid. So his natural state is a very skinny guy. Once you reach a certain age, the body just won’t go anymore. I think he was wise to say, 'I’m at that point. I can’t do it.' Now, that doesn’t mean he can’t come back as older Wolverine. You never know. Future Wolverine, you never know."

Of course, the reality is that Fox producers most certainly won't be in the loop as to Feige's latest thoughts. But Donner is an experienced figure who's worked closely with Feige in the past, and the logic of her argument is sound. It looks as though Hugh Jackman's time as Wolverine truly is at an end.

tempted to dig up that old wizard casting call for Danny devito 

who do y'all want?