Hondo's Bar

Vampire: The Masquerade — Bloodlines

The NZA

vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-ii-log

Sired in an act of vampire insurrection, your existence ignites the war for Seattle's blood trade. Enter uneasy alliances with the creatures who control the city and uncover the sprawling conspiracy which plunged Seattle into a bloody civil war between powerful vampire factions.
Immerse yourself in the World of Darkness and live out your vampire fantasy in a city filled with intriguing characters that react to your choices. You and your unique disciplines are a weapon in our forward-driving, fast-moving, melee-focussed combat system. Your power will grow as you advance, but remember to uphold the Masquerade and guard your humanity... or face the consequences.
Seattle has always been run by vampires. Hunt your prey across Seattle locations faithfully reimagined in the World of Darkness. Meet the old blood founders present since the city’s birth and the new blood steering the tech money redefining the city. Everyone has hidden agendas - so choose your allies wisely.
Choose a side among competing factions, each with their own unique traits and stories, in the war for Seattle’s blood trade. The world will judge you by the company you keep, but remember no one’s hands stay clean forever.
Written by the creative mind behind the original Bloodlines, Vampire: The Masquerade® - Bloodlines™ 2 brings the ambitions of the first game to life and sees the return of a few fan favorite characters.

screenshot-slider-16.jpg

screenshot-slider-6.jpg

screenshot-slider-11.jpg

screenshot-slider-12.jpg

screenshot-slider-14.jpg

screenshot-slider-18.jpg

screenshot-slider-17.jpg

46513836425_9747153cab_h.jpg

...well, that came outta nowhere! 

really enjoyed my time with the first one years ago, it's one of the few big box PC games i'm still after.  can't wait to see how this turns out, especially after:

• Like 1

So for those of you new to Bindy's world, for a long time I spent a lot of time in the world of darkness. From about 16-30ish I played in and later ran VtM LARPS.  (Apparently larping is the one thing that even nerds will make fun of, but fuck you). I am a huge dork for the world of darkness.

..I hated their last iteration of the world and refused to play it.

About 5ish years ago, I was covering a con in H-town, and I ended up getting wrecked with this random Swedish dude who was there for the Battlestar Galactica part of the con. He was also a hardcore VtM fan that was at the time, trying to work on the MMO version of VtM that never came to light. (CCP cancelled it). Fast forward to today. My Swedish friend ends up becoming one of head storytellers/writers for the new world of darkness and he's making the game *I* would want to play again.

I was talking with him last night and he was, of course wrecked (because GDC parties are crazy man, the one time I went it was...a lot). He was so over the moon that this project is finally seeing the light of day. He only had a minor hand in it (lore) but the FIRST iteration of bloodlines 2 they'd hoped to launch alongside 5th ed (which is out) but technical problems held them back and that's why it got pushed back some. This project is being done with LOVE and care. Like...the kind that CD Projekt has with cyberpunk. I could not be more excited. Even with all its technical problems, I adore the first Bloodlines.

For those of you curious about the world of darkness, there's a documentary on Amazon about it you can check out now. (my boy even makes an appearance in it).

For those of you who want to know more about bloodlines, and maybe don't want to download +mod the game (because, you really need to to get it working right). I recommend this video. It's about 30 minutes, but it's totally worth your time.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Bloodlines 2 has had a pretty troubled development. I try and follow most VtM projects pretty closely (also I do have a copy of bloodlines 2 sitting in my steam account waiting for an actual release)

Yeah, you're right. Basically they were pretty far into development, enough to get pre orders going for release of the game and then the entire team got scrapped and development moved to another team. THAT team was like, yeah we can't work with what y'all gave us and we need to nearly start over. 

So it's going to be in development for...a while.  

• Sad 1