Hondo's Bar

• Mark Cerny is once again the Lead System Architect.
    • 8 core AMD 7nm Zen 2 based on third generation Ryzen.
    • Ray-tracing support with custom AMD Navi GPU.
    • Custom AMD unit for 3D Audio, also aided by ray-tracing, a big upgrade. Hot on the heels of Sony having acquired near-industry-standard AudioKinetic.
    • Extremely fast high-end custom SSD storage faster than any solution currently available for PC:
      Spider-Man load times on PS4 Pro: 15 seconds → 0.8 seconds on next-gen PlayStation. That's ~19x faster!
      Huge practical game changer opening up for new design opportunities.
    • Technically supports 8K but Cerny demoed Spider-Man load speed improvements on a 4K screen (I would only take this as confirmation of HDMI 2.1).
    • New Virtual Reality platform strongly hinted at but also supports current PSVR (meaning millions of VR users 'day one').
    • Death Stranding might be a cross-gen title (speculation in article based on Cerny reply).
    • Physical Media.
    • Backwards Compatible with at least PS4.
    • Devkit is with developers and they recently accelerated its deployment.
    • Four years in development so far.

D4R5KKvWAAEKGcE.png:large

looks like it's time to save up with that 2nd job - that loading time increase sounds nice!

almost there y'all

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

nieuwe-console.jpg

prolly a dev kit or design option but let''s pretend this is the real product right here

i should state that i stayed up overnight to purchase a purple lunchbox at launch so i mean ima buy it either way and my views should not be given much weight in this or any other matter ever

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

thank fuck i found a shelf that fits this & the last 4 playstations, i love weird consoles but this really is like a big funky alienware setup without the aliens

space cowboy pointed out how the box is massive but still couldn't fully fit the image of the system on it so they hide cropped it off 

:LOL:

asc - yeah, ps4 for instance is really cheap right now - I've seen pro models go for less than $100 on forums - and the last year or so i've picked up a ton of games for $10-15

baytor - yeah the inevitable hardware revision + price drop are worth waiting for.  that said, what bugs are you seeing? i read spidey remastered in rest mode wasn't great or something, not much else?

and sony launch lineups are traditionally so abysmal that this is prolly the best one for me since...the vita? but i'm  a huge demons/spidey fan to be fair

also the plus collection was smart and they really ought to do more like this during the first 6-9 month software droughts we always see 

also this controller really is something, took like 20 years to really innovate on the ps1 dualshock but i think they finally did 

I waited a few years to dive into the ps4, and I'm very happy I waited. Not only did I get an informed perspective on which console suited me, but I also got a perfected version of the ps4. Along with that I got so many games at severely discounted rates, I only spent over €30 on three games this/last gen, Spider-Man, Fifa 20 and Red Dead 2 (which was my only launch purchase). I've still loads of games left to play and even some from the ps3/360 gen to get around to. 

Have to say though, that new joypad has me very excited to try it out.

Edited by alive she cried
  • Like 1