Hondo's Bar

Harry Potter

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah...twas one of the early wanky classes, didnt take all that much considering i was certain i was acing the class & the teacher dug my essays....I heard some other class had a one word question of "why" and another guy got a high mark for answering "why not?", who knows.

You shouldve seen the creative writing class..i ripped off Frank Miller & old wolverine stories so much i owe them royalties. Anyway, there was one class i decided to show up for and you were suppoed to have this whole presentation ready on your favorite art piece: big blown up shot of it, handouts of a poem of some kind on it, etc...this is where I crap my pants cause ive got nothin, and then get called up like 3rd to go...

Well, back at FIU there's this big Cube thing:

FIU%20cube.jpg

I understand other campuses have them too....theyre cool, you can actually push it & make it move to the side-like...

So, having nothing, I proclaim that I didnt bring a pic because everyone saw it on the way to class, and no poem becasue i "couldnt put my feelings into words" (jesus) but went on to explain that it was a superstition in FIU housing that, should you be on your way to failing a final you're hung over for and havnet studied adaquately, simply push the cube for luck and you might just make it.

Funny thing is, the different divisions of housing (back then, just Panther Hall and No Man's Land, aka the apartments) had different rules: some said push it to the east, while the others said to the west.

Wank Teacher:"So..what's the right answer?"

Me: "I, uh, I guess it depends on the score you end up with, right?"

Wank: "Ah! So, that is to say, it's a local mythology, blah blah blah (insert wanker words here like "plethora" and "cornocopia)..."

Me: "Exactly. I'm glad you caught that."

I got a B as i recall. That longshot, that's far less believable to me than the courage one, espeically if youve taken a number of philosophy classes.

Yeah but there's maths everywhere we look according to Max Cohen in Pi....

The cycling of disease epidemics,

the wax and wane of Caribou populations

in the Arctic, sunspot cycles,

the rise and fall of the

Nile and yes! the New York Stock

Exchange, they are all the

same.

I'll find this structure,

this order, this perfection.

Turn lead into gold.

The first. Right here. Right

here. With math. The numbers

of the stock market are my

lead. When I find the

pattern, then I will find

gold.

Cold? I think not..... :D

Oh yeah, and :darwin: blows :P

A philosophy class once asked "define courage".

Everyone else wrote page after page...i wrote "this", crumbled it up, and threw it at the teacher's desk as i brashed on outta the class.

I got an A.  Philosophy's great.

So ya think I can try that? I dont got Philosophy but ya think it'll work in any class?

TANGENT ALARM!! A WHOLE LOT OF TANGENT ALARMS!! TOO MANY PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT TOO MANY THINGS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO W/ HARRY POTTER

Im not even going to start pointing you fools out. this whole thread should be taken out back to the shed & shot repeatedly. I thank the people @ the Daredevil thread for pointing this massacre out... NOW END THIS SHIT & GO BACK TO TALKING ABOUT HARRY FUCKIN' POTTER!!!

Edited by Tangent Man