Hondo's Bar

Harry Potter

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, Wallace Shawn, that's perfect! Dunno, though, so far they've respected Rowling's request for an all-English cast (with the exceptiong of the hugely-missed Richard Harris who was Irish) and Wallace Shawn is from New York. I mean, rumor has it that Spielberg wanted to direct the movie, if he could use Haley Joel Osment as Harry, but they still stuck to their guns about the all-English thing. It'd be a shame to see them go back on that, now. I actually saw Mark Williams in that role when I read it, but they cast him as Mr. Weasley, which he's also great for.

"Inconceivable!"

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

By the way, Spongebob, David Thewlis is probably best known for playing the evil king in Dragonheart.

Edited by Silent Bob

Well, his look isn't that important, as he's going to have to wear lots of make up. If I recall correctly, the book described his face as looking like it was "whittled out of wood." I don't seem him as madeye though.

SB, you're in for a treat with the fourth book. It's more like the third book. It's going to be hard to believe by about 3/4 into it, but everything ties together again, like in the third book, so even though it's alot more material, try to retain it all. The ending is killer and sets itself up for an badass fifth book.

I loved the way the 4th book ended (Silent Bob and other people that haven't read the books, stop reading now!) SpongeBob please highlight: Now there's no more false sense of security. Voldemort is out and free and back to full power! This is where the series in making it's major plot turnign point and all hell is going to break loose. It wasn't too much of a cliffhanger, like Harry has hanging off a cliff when it end or anything, but it was enough to get me to think, none of the rest of the books are going to be the same as before. Voldemort isn't just a name people are afraid to speak, he's out! Shit that's cool.

I dont know how to write in that clear/white type so Dont read if you havent read the books.

Jax yea i know that there isn't much of a cliff hanger but it just pissed me off that it is taking her soooo long to come out with the next one. and whatta bout their wands? are they able to fight aginst each other since what happened last time. and whatta bout his parents that come out? can they only come out once.

That is why i am mad. i want to know thooes thing.

I know, but you try writing a book like the goblet of fire and see if it takes you more than a year. She literally had no life while writing the first four books. The new one is coming out June 21. This book looks like it's going to revel. How do I know?

SPOILER alert!

Excert from Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix: "Dumbledore lowered his hands and surveyed Harry through his half-moon glasses. 'It is time,' he said 'for me to tell you what I should have told you five years ago, Harry. Please sit down. I am going to tell you everything.'"

I had heard after the third one came out that she had written the last page/chapter of the last book when she first thought up the idea. That should at least take some of the pressure off, alot of writers have a hard time coming to the end so at least all she has to do is tie things up so they can initiate the ending she has pre-written.