Hondo's Bar

Elden Ring

The NZA

Ny8aWMm.jpg

Elden Ring, developed by FromSoftware, Inc. and Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., is a fantasy action-RPG adventure set within a world created by Hidetaka Miyazaki—creator of the influential Dark Souls video game series; and George R.R. Martin—author of The New York Times best-selling fantasy series, A Song of Ice and Fire. Danger and discovery lurk around every corner in FromSoftware’s largest game to-date.
Hidetaka Miyazaki, President and Game Director of FromSoftware Inc. known for directing critically-acclaimed games in beloved franchises including Armored Core, Dark Souls, and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
George R.R. Martin is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of many novels, including the acclaimed series A Song of Ice and Fire – A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast For Crows, and A Dance with Dragons. As a writer-producer, he has worked on The Twilight Zone, Beauty and the Beast, and various feature films and pilots that were never made.

Elden-Ring-225969.jpg

Elden-Ring-225970.jpg

Elden-Ring-225966.jpg

Elden-Ring-225968.jpg

Elden-Ring-225967.jpg

Elden-Ring-225965.jpg

Edited by Keth
small typo fix for search

Well, it looks fucking beautiful. And I read the Wiki article, which makes it sound like a fairly standard RPG. However, I dunno how I feel about there not being NPC's. Dungeon after dungeon after dungeon can get boring. I mean...even Torchlight had some of NPC's. I would like the story to be less complicated than Dark Souls...though that ridiculous narration doesn't give me much hope. This is definitely something I'll play though. The graphics and the genre have already got me salivating.

• Keth changed the title to Elden Ring
  • 4 weeks later...

this shit is really good so far guise

it has that breath of the wild overworld where you can wander way off where you should and get into a lot of trouble, or the satisfaction of handling a boss you weren't really ready for

finding that 3rd site with the ability to level wouldve been super helpful before i went wandering off 😅

Each new Souls game I play I get a deeper respect for. Still early in this. That fucker on the horse is giving me trouble. I skipped him first, went to ugly ogre thing. Got murdered by it a dozen time before finally killing it. Got to the scorpion tail dude. But went back to fight Hammer Bro. I picked the hero origin, using a big ol broadsword, but trying to stat up str and dex enough for the hammer and the mace. 

I like the open world and the checkpoints seem a bit more forgiving this time. Gonna see how long I last, hopefully I can beat this one. 

Edited by Keth

really hope the fan community fixes the PC release sometime, dont know how much From is gonna do there but i'd love to be wrong.  i'm playing performance mode on PS5

i'm going for a specific katana today for my build, boss is kind of a bitch so i'm gonna summon all i can...also if y'all wanna uh, make things a little easier:

15 hours ago, Keth said:

Each new Souls game I play I get a deeper respect for. Still early in this. That fucker on the horse is giving me trouble. I skipped him first, went to ugly ogre thing. Got murdered by it a dozen time before finally killing it. Got to the scorpion tail dude. But went back to fight Hammer Bro. I picked the hero origin, using a big ol broadsword, but trying to stat up str and dex enough for the hammer and the mace. 

I like the open world and the checkpoints seem a bit more forgiving this time. Gonna see how long I last, hopefully I can beat this one. 

yeah, the overworld is immense when you start to really explore, it's crazy.  and i too like the increase of checkpoints, makes things feel less brutal

did you finish the early post tutorial bits?  i jumped ahead into a cave and missed out on some important shit early on

so you have the ability to level, how are you traveling around the overworld?  try going back to that church checkpoint (with the first salesman) at night!

8 hours ago, the division of joy said:

I think I need to git gud, something I struggled with massively in the dark souls games.

That first boss in the pond looking thing during the tutorial keeps fucking destroying me. I went for Prisoner class based entirely on the helmet.

aw don't sweat it, early bosses are often there to humble folks.  i still haven't bothered taking down the guy on the horse that axels was talking about - same question though, once y'all got out of the first area and saw the overworld, are you following where the grace/gold beams are showing?  the game's wide open from that point on, but you're gonna want to follow a certain path for leveling & mobility options

I've been putting some thought into my build - mind you, I know nothing about the weapons or anything at this point. (I did the same with Bloodborne). I am thinking early game magic just to get around and get a feel for things - but I saw someone wielding dual scythes and that looks completely like my shit. 

• Wow! 1

man, i need to get back to it one day, but i bailed on ds3 rather early myself - i hear it's great, got whupped up early in that one haha

bloodborne was fantastic, but i tend to play as a DEX build anyway so it kinda favored that...this one might be worth a shot, given all the checkpoints & ways to play!

then again, if you're on PC maybe hold off for a patch?

opened up a lot of the map & leveled more yesterday  - getting good at riding through areas i have no business being in (literally everything can one shot me 😅😅)

tomorrow i'm making a run for some high tier weapons worth sharpening, and an emblem that causes high bleed damage - then its back to the first major boss, we'll see how cheap he wants to act then haha

• Haha 1

I finally downed that fucker Margit. Not before wandering aimlessly in the opposite direction of course...

I need to figure how and when I can Respec. I found some sweet Wolverine claws and need to spec Dex some more. Can't help but feel I'm supposed to be doing something I'm not when it comes to armor also. Im mostly still in starter equipment. 

• Wow! 1

damn, you took down Margit before me, props!  i came back with higher level, better weapon & wolf summons and handled him, then godrick on the 2nd try.  besides weapon sharpening, you know what made me a lot more formidable?  i got this one ash of war for high bleed damage, now randomly my hits can go 100, 110, 102, 1100! its crazy

ive got a lot more of the map opened up and prolly around level 60 or so.  i worked last night to take down the magma wyrm guy, had to really learn his pattern but i got my moonlit katana thing, with some awesome abilties!  only, i'd have to lose the ash of war, and my +5 ucigatana thing is way stronger at this point, so i'm just sticking with that now haha

also taking down that tree whatever guy that fucks you up on the first road when you get outside, shit that felt good

so i'm level 70 now with my blood uchigatana +11 or so, 200+ damage and i usually two-hand it because i've enough stamina to dodge and only certain creatures/areas can kill me in a hit or two (plus i leveled up the 3 wolves you can summon)

i'm at a point where i can freely explore as i like, only grinding a level or going to buy stuff at the roundtable if i have 10k souls or more...it's pretty liberating because death only stints when i'm far into somewhere new and interesting  and didn't find a campsite yet

i really love this game

i keep having a few hours a night and a plan to do certain stuff and doing none of that because much like good zelda games, i adore an overworld that is actually interesting, diverse (environments/enemies) and knows how to reward said exploration. torrent is about the best ride i've had in one of these

i'm sure the remaining bosses will humble me and the game will no doubt lose steam as it goes, but this part - where i wander as i please and getting killed only makes me wanna get farther and see what awaits me - is such a rare treat

also this kinda thing happens

I think I'm lost now. I beat Renalla, and rebirthed a couple times, but I think Im set on this dex build. Build up my :wolvy: claws to lvl 14. Basically just exploring now. I pledged myself to a witch and rode around caelid for a bit though. But having a hard time figuring out whats next. Hard to gauge whe toe I am level wise vs the enemies. I will say I think this is further than Ive gotten in any other Soulsbourne game!

• Wow! 1

Elden Ring diary Lvl 84.

Radahnn is dead. Morgott is dead. I'm part of the Volcano Lounge now, whatever that is. I found a new pair of giant claws I'm using to cause bleed damage on everything. Can't help but think that I'm getting gud now. I'm really liking this version of Berserk. 

• Like 1