Hondo's Bar

‘Dune,’ ‘Matrix 4,’ and Every 2021 Warner Bros. Film to Debut on HBO Max and in Theaters at Same Time

The NZA

• Like 1

This makes me happy. And people were asking for this years ago, so its just kinda fun to see so many rich people get all pissy about it. When its safe, believe I'll be seeing every movie I can in the theaters, but I love having the option to watch it at home. Especially during, you know, a fucking pandemic that is still going on people whywontthisyearend

• Upvote 1

speaking of!

I learned in the news that Warner Bros. has decided to release “Dune” on HBO Max at the same time as our theatrical release, using prominent images from our movie to promote their streaming service. With this decision AT&T has hijacked one of the most respectable and important studios in film history. There is absolutely no love for cinema, nor for the audience here. It is all about the survival of a telecom mammoth, one that is currently bearing an astronomical debt of more than $150 billion. Therefore, even though “Dune” is about cinema and audiences, AT&T is about its own survival on Wall Street. With HBO Max’s launch a failure thus far, AT&T decided to sacrifice Warner Bros.’ entire 2021 slate in a desperate attempt to grab the audience’s attention

christopher nolan somehwere

tenor.gif