Hondo's Bar

Ms. Marvel

The NZA

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So famously Ike decided to elevate The Inhumans after his "no more mutants" edict pre-Fox merger. Since Feige was in charge of the movies and untouchable by Ike due to him having Disney's untouchable status, Ike leaned hard into the TV arm which Feige didn't control at the time. This is why Inhumans went from a movie into truly one of the worst superhero TV shows of the modern era. As Feige's role was elevated to basically being the go-to guy for Marvel writ large, The Inhumans were largely purged from the comics and Kamala and Moon Girl were really the only Inhuman characters left standing after all this went down. Marvel has now quidrupled down on mutants and rather than write Kamala's Inhuman nature into her character (even though Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. provided a matrix through which to do it) they just turned her into a Green Lantern.

• Wow! 1

damn, i knew some of that (the inhumans went to one of the dumbest wars with the mutants and ive barely seen them since), but that's crazy.  i swear i read somewhere they may have considered retrconning out her inhuman origin in the book, too

i'm with you here though, i love kamala and i'm hoping for greatness but what's being shown so far has me a little worried

• 4 weeks later...

so this was cool - really stylish, kamala is super likeable and her family is too.  i didn't always know about the actor for bruno, but dug a lot else here

i'm still gonna assume embiggining was pricey/weird, on board to see what they do with her energy projection

• 1 month later...

this turned out fun as expected, but we really gotta talk about the post credits reveal

2nd time we've heard that throwback theme this year!  i guess it makes sense to not make her an inhuman since they don't have them here yet, but being a mutant & needed the band is kinda weird?  either way, newtype was saying how we may learn more at next week's comic con, but i'm starting to think we're gonna secret war our way into explaining where the x-men & fantastic four have been

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this. I wasn't really familiar with the character at all as she was introduced after I stopped reading Marvel monthly. But I liked her and her family. Got a young Spidey vibe from her. Definitely down for more.

Post credit was unexpected to say the least.

Edited by alive she cried
  • Upvote 1