Hondo's Bar

Invision is raising our rent - siiiike they forgot LOL

The NZA

really hate that this is happening during the holidays in a pandemic, but here we are

Important notice: our hosting plans are changing and your action is required.

We are writing to all our customers currently on our legacy 25 user and 40 user plans as these plans will be removed in January 2022.

We recently launched new Invision Community plans (previously called Community in the Cloud) which provide significantly more media storage space, no limit on online users and many other benefits.

Our new starter plan is $49/month when paid annually, or $54 a month when paid monthly. The starter plan has no limits on the number of posts, topics, members or online users and comes with 75GB of media storage.

we've been paying $30, so its a steep jump. also, saving $6/month ($72/year) for paying up front sounds nice, but dropping @ $600 up front is...a bit, even with me making more these days.

i know its probably tempting to say we should go elsewhere, but i've had not-so-great luck with that. us staying saves on paying the forum licensing fee, but to be honest, it's the tech support/site recovery peace of mind i tend to stay for

as there's not a lot of us around these days, i'm eternally grateful for some of y'all keeping the patreon going - every little bit helps. that said, y'all have any ideas here? obviously, ill cover much of the new tab, but open to suggestions

I'm ashamed to say I had to drop the patreon for a little while, but Im happy to jump back on now that I'm back on at work full time. I have suggestions, but they are more of the dreamier, in a perfect world, lets all do creative stuff suggestions that I dunno how helpful they'd be lol 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

:lush:😊

enjoying a much-needed day off here, but...

y'all have no idea how good it feels to have helped build something 20+ years ago that a few solid patrons still line up to help keep the doors open. 

honestly, i get choked up thinking about it.  love y'all.

• Really Like 3

On 1/1/2022 at 7:57 PM, The NZA said:

:lush:😊

enjoying a much-needed day off here, but...

y'all have no idea how good it feels to have helped build something 20+ years ago that a few solid patrons still line up to help keep the doors open. 

honestly, i get choked up thinking about it.  love y'all.

Can I chip in a donation still?

so, about that..

stills literally just paid our rent for the entirety of 2022, so lets give them a big round of applause! 🥳 

i know some folks reup'd the patreon recently, so how do y'all wanna do this? should we suspend donations for this year, or maintain a public ledger here so we can show the funds going towards 2023? 

• Wow! 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

1 year update: i told stills but don't think i posted here - invision either grandfathered us in or just forgot, we stayed at the $30/month rate 🥳

offered to give the difference back but stills said nah, so what this means is, their donation carries us through most of this year too.  all that, plus a sneaky new patron subscriber ( 🥷 ) last month, which after fees covers half of our current rent!  even with the move & looking for new work, i'm more than good to pick up whatever's left.  wanted ya'll to know that this is appreciated & leaves us fully funded for 2023!

• Like 1
  • Really Like 1

• The NZA changed the title to Invision is raising our rent - siiiike they forgot LOL