Hondo's Bar

Analog Horror

Keth

hlyQYwT.png

Wanted to make a dedicated thread for this instead of just tossing stuff over in CREEPY. Analog Horror has been a reliably creepy youtube genre for me. I love found footage, but this adds amother dimension to it and when done well it can be damn scary. I think we all know Local 58 at this point. But I've been digging into Gemini Home Entertainment too, a creepy monster tale. Would love to see more examples! 

• Really Like 1

I totally dig me some analog horror. Big fan of Local 58, and I just finished the 2.5 hour rundown of Gemini Home Entertainment by Nexpo that dropped a day or two ago. Nothing much to add, but I just love it.

The Walten Files (first tape is linked) is kind of a pseudo-example of AH. I've heard it described as "What if the Five Nights at Freddy's mythos was done correctly?"

The Mandela Catalogue is another good one. I would link, but I don't want to look at any videos this time of night because they really give me a spook at this hour. Hard enough being alone in this house, damn it.

Oh and look up Catastrophe Crow 64 for another pseudo-example. Has some of the hacked rom creepypasta stuff, but I'd consider that kind of AH.

• Really Like 1