Hondo's Bar

Animé with Balls!!

Having a quick look in here, and a bit of discussion it seems that this forum needs some balls!! Nearly all the Manga (Anime) films which are talked about are soppy, women friendly stuff!! This has to end :D :shoot: :D

Its time to talk about something a little better. Anime that has Balls!! We all know and love Akira

B00005JG6Q.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I wanna to hear of other greats like, Vampire Hunter D

B00004Y7JH.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Devil Man :D, 3x3 Eyes , Appleseed, Wicked City :D, The Guyver!!

Come on lets talk about the Manly Classics and not the little chick flick style ones!! :D

Good stuff, tho ive never actually seen "Vampire Hunter D", sadly.  Spiffy had it once but taped over it, for "Sailor Moon" or somethin... :plain:

I still say my first anime may very well have been the ballsiest ive seen....

6305014140.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Hey hey...I'm a women and I posted a topic for something not "women friendly" and no man seemed to know about it (Grappler Baki)... So don't give me that.... :sly: Most people on this forum half of the time have no clue what I'm talking about...And I know some of them and I introduce them to some of the anime they watch...well whatever whats with the "women friendly" thing what do you mean by that comment anywayz...

Oh and by the way all those movies that you guyz mentioned rocked...akira, vampire hunter D, and ninja scroll...

:D

heyyyyyyyy not all not all the anime we watch and talk about are

women friendly stuff!!
ever seen Battle Angel dude its bloody and Akira is good to. Princess Mononoke is really, well its something else I can assure you. Girlie anime is like Jubei and the ever so popular Ranma 1/2 its not bloody or something that can disgust you from watching it, but they are still good anime no matter what you say...

It's not so much that it's all women-friendly, it's just mostly man-unfriendly, us guys don't have any topics. Can you really see many guys commenting on the girly anime, 'Oh xxxx is sooo cute! :D :D ', not gonna happen the guys'll leave if there's nothing to talk about and they may not come back!

There's a lot of people that are into the action anime, we need a few threads like this in here or soon it'll be renamed the 'Omega Beta Phi super-cute anime forum!! :D :love:'

LoL....I  guess your right Since I do know that most of OBP peeps come here I put up topics to that are something I know that they would/have watched so your right....I just love all anime (except hentai) and get carried away...

anywayz back to the topic at hand I just thought of one anime that had "major balls" I guess X That movie just totally rocked, if I find a pick i'll post it.....Its dark, blood, and strange with lots of action :D

Ok, need to see Princess Mononoke, Vampire Hunter D, and X.  

PS I didnt hear good things bout the live action Fist of the North Star, but then i dont hear much good bout live action anime movies (ask Chiefy bout La Blue Girl).  I am curious bout the live action kung-fu ones that strike me as anime-like (largely in battle sequences), like Storm Riders.

I swear, you two oughta be in Marketing... :plain:

I replied to yer forum ideas, go look ya alky!

PS Anyone see Ninja Scroll Resurrection: Revenge of Jubei? I got part 1, i hear its part of a series tho, and part 2 is either out or comin soon...anyone know bout this?

Ninja_resurrection_the_revenge_of_jubie_custom-front.jpg

What the heck does Omega Beta Phi have to do with this? I mean, there is like what, 5 on this forum? Just because they post in Anime alot doesn't mean anything. How do you know who the OBOs are anyway?

Besides that, Just because most of the topics here aren't "bloody" enough for your taste doesn't mean they are girly. Alita's boyfriend watchs anime with her and he likes most of it. If a topic isn't posted for your "Anime with balls" why not start a topic for one of those animes. You might be surprised how many girls have watched them. :D

how do you know about Omega's???????? Oh well..Nick if ya ask Madelyn she can lend you Princess Mononoke she has it...and as for Vampire Hunter D...I wanna watch it I am going to see if Sango has it...I think she has seen it but Who knows she has seen soooo many already it isn't funny....And I wanna watch Ninja Scroll I haven't seen it but they told me its good and its actually the one before Jubei-Chan... :D

At least Sango could take it as a joke! I wasn't dissing OBP but it's clear to anyone that looks in on anime that Mulan, Alita, SuperE, Sango and yourself P-Chan are part of a clique. I just think that you guys should try to entice new members in and the old threads weren't really working eg, my first post in anime weeks ago:

I really shouldn't be here, the only anime I've seen are Akira, Ninja Scroll, 3x3 Eyes and other violent stuff. Just wanted to ask, what in the hell is an OAV?!

I'd only been here a week at the time but I can tell you the first impression of the Anime forum was not good...

KOS why wasn't it good did no one answer your question or something? Or did you feel left out...and believe me I didn't take anything of what he said seriously...and actually we have been trying to get other people that do watch Anime to join not just girls but guys to.... :D

anime is fun to watch and it just so happens that Alita, P-chan, Sango and myself used to have blockbuster nights and watch anime all night long...those were fun (hey when are we going to do that again)  ??? Any who.....Sango isn't an OBP but she should be...hehehe...she is always at our events.

And Jumbie try looking on E-bay you can find almost anything on E-bay...and I haven't seen Bastard yet...I think... :::scratched head:::

Jumbie go on ebay or to spec's they have bastard on dvd that brings the whole collection (6eps)....Anyways I Just thought of another "man freindly" anime:

Demon City Shinjiku:devil:

Yoteden (think thats how you spell it)

Yoteden is like nija scroll.....

and if your into the whole girls wearing small outfits thing you should try:

Voltage Fighters Gowkazer  ( I think thats how its spelled)

My spelling sux anyways I'm not into the whole nudity in anime but the story and the action was good in that anime....

I also finally got to see Grappler Baki.....

If you really love "anime with balls" but I mean love :D action, fight after fight, non-stop street fights, thats the series you've got to watch Baki has major balls (if you wanna know more go to the baki thread i'm gonna fill out what it was about and i'll even tell you where you can get it if you don't know).

Curse of the Undead Yoma was strange but then again if your into that whole demons and death with details you should watch it .....

Many folks kinda see anime as an OBO forum, nothin wrong with that...i almost gave you folks that as your own group as more came in.  People've heard of ya, youre not the Stonecutters or anythin.

Jumbie - how is Bastard, anyway? Ya used to rant & rave bout it but never really said how the series was.

Sango - Havta check out this Grappler Baki, thanks.

its ok I was just wondering how so many people know about us in such a short time us being on the board and all...well back to anime Mojo I need to come over and catch up with you on what you have seen...I would love to watch Grappler Baki it sounds kick ass and I think I have seen part of 3x3 eyes its cool I think....well I got to go I need my beauty rest...

P.S.

Come on down to the Bar watch me do all sorts of tricks with Bottles and Fire....hehehe come on by!

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been really busy. Anyway I just wanted to say I'm sorry If I've made anyone feel uncomfortable with the anime section. It's not my intention of making this just a girlie thing. But some also have to realize just because a topic isn't up doesn't mean that you can't put it up yoursself. For example this topic. I'm actually glad this topic is up.  I love all kinds of anime, I'm not concentrated on one in specific. And this is another reason why the :D made  me moderator. So if you guys eveer have any complaints in the future, I would really appreciate it if you would pm me about it. I understand that some people take things to heart so there are some comments that shouldn't be said out in the open. I don't want to sugarcoat anything either, but it would help if everyone would work with me hear. And I mean eveeryone including Super, P-chan... anyone. :D

I just wanted to add that Akira rocks and so does Dark Stalkers. ( Morrigan is my bitch)

la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la....

ok so yeah I want to see Vampire hunter D I saw some of the Vampire Princess Miyu which if ya give me sometime I might watch it today...hmmm some smirnoff, pizza and Anime...what a combo..hmmm anyone wanna join me??

:::Shameless plug:::

Come kick up your feet let down your hair and relax in the Taps of life in the Druken Bar.....where the men are nice and the glasses are clean... where the drinks are sweet and there are umbrellas in ur drink... where the wine flows like water and (yes we serve water) the people know your name...in The Taps Of Life....

so yeah back to the topic...I heard that Goku private eye is kick ass...although its and old anime...(I have no clue if its true) but by the cover you can tell its "anime with balls"...I'm thinking of seeing berzerk (i think that is the correct spelling) I've heard that it rocks only that the end is kinda like okay make a 2nd season....anywayz Have I said anything about Flame of Recca i love it it rocks it like a combination of shojo and shonen anime...it has some action some humor etc....and stuff....^-^

• 5 years later...

Me. I own it. The animation is reaaaally goood!!! You HAFTA see it!! The script...mmm not so original, but it holds untill the end.

X its pretty good. I wish the lazy clamp would finnish the manga once and for all.

If we are gonna speak about Anime with ball (aka violent) we have to mention a Hondos favourite: Berserk.

2213122686_793842cdff_o.jpg

Also i think that: Evangelion, Saint Seiya and the movie of Escaflowne (specially the beginning) had their moments of violence.