Hondo's Bar

forum's best film of all time

Is that in response to my mentioning it about 7 posts back Sponge? Good film.

Just watched Boondock Saints. Very good, corny as hell and weird watching Billy Connolly playing a bit of a psycho. Fave character was the mob boss that spoke the funny-as-hell dramatic Italian...You cock-suckeeeng barrrstard and the ever-excellent Dafoe:D

I'm guessing there were a lot of religious references that I didn't get but hey, very cool film nonetheless.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, i dont have any of that...ok, the baptism in jail scene, mine's quick as hell, i thought it was a pivotal moment but its rushed on mine, no explanation, no thought, no transition...and ive seen a clip somewhere of a more detailed version. But yeah, yours points out even more shit im missin. ???

Yeah, for a fairytale, that movie kicked ass. First time I saw it, I loved it, but figured everyone else on the planet (the sane ones, ya know ;) ) would think it was too corny, but no! I hear all kindza people talking about it...

Who wants to be sane, anyway? It's too boring. :D

Okay, I'm not a DD guy, but I'm a bit of a movie junkie and since MLB started the topic I reckon I can get away with posting...

So here be my top 20 (in no particular order)

Heaven Can Wait (1943)

Casablanca

Society

Citizen Kane

The Empire Strikes Back

12 Angry Men

M

Raging Bull

Annie Hall

Rushmore

The Jerk

Jaws

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

The Producers

The Philadelphia Story

His Girl Friday

Back to the Future

On the Waterfront

Raising Arizona

E.T.

I wanna give Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Clerks, Go, Class of 1984, Dr. Strangelove and Dog Day Afternoon honourable mentions as well. They all just missed out on the top 20.

Shit...three others I forgot, there. Princess Bride, Dog Day Afternoon, and Strangelove. Dammit.

By the way, I think Princess Bride is one of the few movies that practically everyone likes. I've met the widest variety of people that say they love that film. And how can you not?

Inigo: Are you the Miracle Max who worked for the king all those years?

Max: The king's stinking son fired me. And thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it why don't you give me a nice papercut and pour lemon juice on it, we're closed!

Okay, I'm not a DD guy, but I'm a bit of a movie junkie and since MLB started the topic I reckon I can get away with posting...

Waitaminnit...did that fucker 2Track come through here?! What have i told you dirty Preacher folk about talkin in the white forums?!

Anyway, yeah man, were glad to have ya, post where you please, its mostly safe. Good list tho, i dug a few off it, im sure Junkerseed will too.

Fuck, SOF ranted on that one, gotta see it..Spiffytee says its crazy.

I think Bowling for Columbine, documentary or not, gets an honorable mention - really liked what it had to say & the style it said it in.

PS 2T you know, didnt Saved by the Bell have a TV movie or two? How you gonna sell out your roots like that?

Try get Battle Royale. It's amazing.

As for knowing about the Saved by the Bell movies -

DAMN STRAIGHT I KNOW ABOUT 'EM!! Nickelodeon U.K. played Saved by the Bell: Hawaiian Style and

Saved by the Bell: Wedding in Las Vegas a couple of months back. They truly are classics but everybody knows that they're cinematic masterpieces, putting them on the list'd be way to obvious.

zack.jpg

OK....here is my list

IN a particular order

(1) Princess Bride

(2) Blazing Saddels

(3) Scarface

(4) Indiana Jones: Last Crusade

(5) Platoon

(6) Back to the Future

(7) E.T.

(8) Dr. Strangelove

(9) Patton

(10) National Lampoon's Christman Vaction

(11) Top Gun

(12) Full Metal Jacket

(13) Hook

(14) Revenge of the Pink Panther

(15) Goodfellas

(16) Indiana Jones: Temple of Doom

(17) Snatch

(18) Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark

(19) Dog Day Afternoon

(20) Panic Room

Now dont tell me that aint a good list...............

Yeah, Michael Moore, and yes Bowling for Columbine is up (and will probably win) the best documentary category.

Surprisingly he also won the best original screenplay award from the WGA...it's the only documentary that I've ever heard winning or even being nominated for that.

Hmm......

1.Fight Club

2.Magnolia

3.Pulp Fiction

4.The Shawshank Redemption

5.Bowling For Columbine

6.Requiem For A Dream

7.A Clockwork Orange

8.American Beauty

9.American Psycho

10.Back To The Future I,II,III

11.Die Hard I,II,II

12.Memento

13.Blade I,II

14.Taxi Driver

15.Natural Bron Killers

16.Goodfellas

17.Edward Scissorhands

18.Chasing Amy

19.Raging Bull

20.Clerks

Its tough, there a few i had to leave out but i tried my best.