Hondo's Bar

forum's best film of all time

Owed lists from and soon to get their asses beat:

Irish Cow

LOL!!!!!

"It's true. This man has no dick" LOL!!

i love the beginning where he's doing the experiment with the electric shock and the number cards....

Edited by spiffytee

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's a classic scene...the real psychic kid and the hot chick, that's a trip. Murray made that movie. Was kinda sad a part 3 never came up, but then 2 was fun but not as cool as 1 anyway.

You know, ten years ago Ghostbusters woulda been in my top 3, i wanted to do that shit so bad when i was older. :D

Funny how lists change, my shit back then woulda had Demoltion Man, Raising Arizona (dont know why, but i dug it), and some other choice ones on it so i guess i should be understanding of Sponge's list. ???

man, double posts can blow me, oh, and spongebob's list isn't that bad at all, doesn't touch the "HUH?" factor of freebird's. You can tell that SPongebob's is highly influenced by stuff he saw recently, but as far as I'm concerned these are current favorite. For example, I dont think CIty of God will be on mine in two years, but it's sure as hell in my top 20 right now.

Edited by JunkerSeed

Hmm, I wanted to put monty python's quest for the holy grail, and as integral as that movie is to my life, and the life of most people I know, it has it's slow parts. The brilliance of the classic moments far outweigh the filler, but there is filler, so it's not on there.

actually, i'm quite torn here... because of genre. i enjoy action, drama, and sci-fi the most and obviously, depending on my mood, it would have a different effect on what i want to watch and how high up my best would be.

it's definately not easy and this point is really obvious to everyone that has submitted a list that genre plays a big part here. in my list, i tried to put various movies of each genre. however, if i were to quote all time favorites, i may just put action. hrmmm

Remember the bit in Ghostbusters when Venkman goes to Dana's apartment and finds she's been posseded by Zuel? What was the shonk with him drugging her to knock her out? Why did he have these drugs in the first place? Surely our good hero Dr. Peter Venkman didn't have this planned already? Or did he?

Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaa!*

*(evil maniachal laugh)

Ohhh, IC about GB3 - Dan Aykroyd pitched it to Sony with the story being hell rises and takes over NYC and the GB's have to come out of retirement. The only problem Aykroyd wanted $100 million and Sony said no. Suprisingly....

Edited by 2track

Did Aykroyd want $100 million for himself, or for the movie's budget? $100 million is reasonable for the budget, not for his cut though.

I heard that the plan for GB3 was a new generation of ghostbuster meet the old generation (Will smith was being considered for the young generation) and there's a kind of power struggle bewteen the young hot shots and the older wise founders. Think about it. Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray argue with Will Smith and, let's say Vin Diesel, about how things should be done. Hilarity ensues. I'm skeptical as to how funny it would be, but who knows.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.

I forgot Ghostbusters!

Same here... :( :angry: :D

I knew there was a movie I was missing...

That's what Danny boy said. And since the bastards own the rights he can't take it anywhere else. I swear to God if they did it I'd do like the Ep1 nerds and camp outside the movies. And if this doesn't validate that....

"We've been going about this all wrong, this Mr Stay Puff's OK, he's a sailor, he's in New York, we get this guy laid we won't have any trouble."

...nothing will.

Yes but Home Alone and Crocodile Dundee were bad movies. Given the talent involved, the Roger Rabbit sequel probably wouldn't have been. IT got close to being made a while back. It even had the working title "Toon Platoon" for a while, and I think they even filmed a few test scenes, as I recall. Shame it never happened, though. Maybe someday.

By the way, they did make a comic book sequel to the movie where a few remaining weasels are able to repaint Judge Doom. That's very very hard to find, though.

Alls I gotta say is one thing "Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles" is fucking sweet and if you say otherwise then you didn't see it. I mean the scene with Mike Tyson - priceless. I'm proud to say I saw that classic in the movies. I'd been dragged along to see "Blow" and after about 20 minutes of bollocks I left to go get a few pints while the other fucks watched the movie. On my way out I noticed CDILA was starting in a few minutes so I went in and had the best time ever (maybe it was 'cause I was half drunk already - maybe it was 'cause of nostalgia). Whatever it was that movie ruled.

Roll on Crocodile Dundee 4!

Edited by 2track

I can change it???? COOL!!!!!

Real list......

1. Hearts War

2. Scarface

3. Platoon

4. Full Matal Jacket

5. Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark

6. Saving Private Ryan

7. Princess Bride

8. Behind Enemy Lines

9. Goodfellas

10. Blazing Saddels

11. Pulp Fiction

12. Jackie Brown

13. Serpico

14. Braveheart

15. Enemy at the Gates

16. Road to Perdition

17. Patton

18. Daredevil

19. The Shining

20. Top Gun

Hey MLB you might want to tell me that I cant do this anymore..... I have a tendency to keep doing this until someone says I cant