Hondo's Bar

Sega

Spongebob

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cool video*

Duck Tales remake is getting more press, but this one's shaping up as well

*Fuck me for bowing to Nick's censorship.

Ohh, that looks pretty. I loved the original on the Megadrive. Why can't they make a sonic game like this?

Did it give you the same example about a girl finding a severed human foot at an auction?

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid192.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz91%2Fblazebyrne%2FSequence01_6_zpsf05ca953.mp4">

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

7 out of 10? Youll never get a job at IGN with that kind of score.

Seriously though thats awesome! I cant really do proper reviews like that cause Im just no good at scrutinizing things in a fair way. S'why I opt for the retrospective approach and just focus on things I like.

Do more though!!

aw, thanks man - and ask donnny, i've been so daunted to finally get a review out there, it was actually one of my resolutions this year! seriously, writers like our own baytor are far better at nuance & pointing out the smaller things that work/don't work in a piece, and having read a ton of reviews since the gaming mag days, it took a while to a) find something i liked that wasn't already done, and b) give it a proper shake & put something together that, to quote maldron, wasn't just "I LIKE THIS, BUT NOT THIS. THANK YOU."

i was gonna try for a piece of Hardcore Gaming 101, but man, that place is so through that even niche stuff i love like Yakuza is covered in spades. i'm debating doing Golvellius, a master system game, next for that site though!

• 4 weeks later...

remake of one of the Master System's best (and a great precursor to stuff like Symphony of the Night), looking great too! really can't wait for this, between this & Monster Boy i really hope Sega takes note of this classic IP's strength.

• 5 years later...

lineup! Toaplan/Raizing/Psikyo/Seibu/VidSys/Nichibutsu heaven.

• Zaxxon
  • Action Fighter
  • Wrestle War
  • Desert Breaker
  • Raiden
  • Batsugun
  • Dogyuun
  • V-V / Grind Stormer
  • Same! Same! Same! / Fire Shark
  • Outzone
  • Tatsujin / Truxton
  • Tatsujin / Truxton II
  • Kingdom Grandprix
  • Armed Police Batrider
  • Battle Bakraid
  • Strikers 1945
  • Gunbird
  • Moon Cresta
  • Sengoku Ace
  • Cosmo Police Galivan
  • Sonic Wings

this close to ordering the first one off amazon.jp at this point, golden axe: revenge of death adder has evaded me for too long

• 11 months later...

so every christmas i usually play NiGHTS into dreams: christmas edition (hoping to get the dreamcast setup soonish for the sonic adventure holiday event thing too), all this time i had no idea the original website for it is still going

also the acapella version of the theme is one of my favorite holiday songs, hands down