Hondo's Bar

Pixar

*Jewels*

didn't even read the second line of the guy's three line intro, don't you see just how stupid that looks don't you.

Again I would like to clarify that Sango is a Female. You know those humans that walk around with Breasts and a Pussy? So doesn't that make you the stupid one?

I'm with Eeyore... it' pussy envy...

BACA!!!

What does BACA mean? Pixar is one of the best companies out there and getting better everyday. Ice age is a fine example on how they are fine tuning there craft. I only hope that they do more with it.

PS Excuse me if i may be so bold but can we all get back on topic here. I mean this is more about anime than "that bitch Alita" or "evil artistic :angry: " right?

sango is a woman big fucking deal you stupid piece of shit don't i feel stupid let me think no you just cause i cann't tell by the name doesn't mean i should feel stupid look let me show you how smart i am just by the way you talk i can tell you you are a bitch wow right on the money uh am i right or what fuck you know you people didn't even want to let me leave you keep dragging me right the fuck back why are you so stupid don't you know that i will end every topic in this section don't you but o no it's come on artisy shit on us some more i'm tired of being brought back here and unless you guys stop  i will take it too far

ps ok i wont really take it too far cmon im not fuckin psycho :emotions:

but dammit be nice and leave me be and ill fuck off outta here stop picking on me i have feelings too

:::whine::::::whine::::::whine::::::whine::::::whine:::

:p  :p  :p  :p :p  :p  :p  :p :p  :p  :p  :p :p  :p  :p  :p

it seems to me that Artistic only knows how to curse and whine. Artistic seeming how you think your so smart and since you want to "Invade" and cause chaos, and lets not forget your forte arguing go somewhere else. if they want to have pixar and what not in the anime section so be it who care's its not your place to say where it goes. your over stepping your boundries and you need to step back and realize that your the only one upset and cursing at Alita. Leave her alone she is doing a fine job if she wants to move something then she can move it that is why she is the moderator. So go back to that fight club of yours no one has bothered you there have they....no so stop buggin Alita. this is a peaceful part of the board til you came along so shooo get outta here.

BBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

btw baca means Idiot in Japanese

Isa...stop right there...you are taking this way too seriously.  artistic was only checking on alita's ability to handle bullshit.  It wasn't a personal attack on her.  Even she knew that.  You are making this a personal attack by going after artistic.  So if you don't want any more trouble you'll do best leave him be.  There's a line yes...but you crossed it first.  So don't be suprised if he comes back and attacks you.   :plain:

ok so apparently some of you are taking my last post wayyy to serious....I know how artistic is I mean come on I know that he was only doing it to see how far he can go I was only going with the flow...damn I didn't think I was going to cause such an uproar.....sorry if I made anyone mad or something...... :blush:

PIXAR ROCKS!!!

For the love of god, people - back to Pixar, Ice Age, etc.

I assure you, there's a great anti-artistic thread over in fight club, those prepared to not take things too seriously are encouraged to post, otherwise help me out by actually talkin anime here...i really dont wanna crap shack such an active thread.

• 2 years later...
Steve Jobs continues to maintain that Pixar and Disney will not renew their distribution agreement. Specifically, Jobs has said the company would not participate in sequels to "Monsters Inc.," "Finding Nemo," and "The Incredibles," as well as "Toy Story 3," all of which Disney plans to make.

Eisner called Pixar's human animation "pathetic," to which Jobs retorted, "I know our films don't stack up against films like 'Atlantis' or 'Emperor's New Groove,' or 'Treasure Planet.' We just kind of wrote that off to Michael being a loose canon."

Shit, that's getting harsh!

Disney is having trouble finding a director, and none of the voice actors from the first two movies have a contractual obligation to be in a third Toy Story nor have they expressed interest in doing it without Pixar, then again, none of them have said they won't (that I know of). From the sounds of it, anyone that works on TS3, will be hated by Pixar, and if you have a love of animation and aspirations to have a career in it, be it drecting, animating, anythign, why would you want to piss of Pixar, the holy grail of animation?

I swear to god, sometimes I think Eisner wants to make shitty sequels to Pixar movies just out of spite. Pixar has been making very generous offers to buy the rights for all their previous films back from Disney, but Eisner won't even bother listening to it. Pixar is looking at sweet offers from Warner Bros and Fox, while Disney is looking at a feature animation department that's practically non-existant. If their first cg film - Chicken Little - tanks this summer, like recent Disney features, they might as well just quit the animation business altogether. They can only milk the reputations of their good movies (Mulan II came out a couple weeks ago) for so long before people start wising up.

(shrug) Not completely cg, but ok.

They're moving Cars to the summer? I wonder if it's because they know Cars will be the better movie and want to put it out at the peak time, or because they want it to face stiffer competition in hopes of having Chicken Little outdo it?

Edited by Silent Bob

• 4 weeks later...
Bradley Raymond Directing Toy Story 3

Source: The Business of Animation

March 14, 2005

Bradley Raymond will direct Toy Story 3, which Walt Disney Pictures is planning for a 2008 theatrical release. Raymond previously helmed direct-to-DVD/video Disney titles The Lion King 1½ and The Hunchback of Notre Dame II.

Disney Feature Animation is making the third film without Pixar and basing the next installment on a script by young writer Jared Stern. Stern developed a story idea for the long-in-the-works "TS3" on spec while a member of Disney's Feature Animation Writing Program.

Stern's new take is expected to advance the "Toy Story" franchise by taking the characters on the road and out of Andy's room. Stern is also understood to have invented a couple of new characters for the next installment.

OK, I really liked The Lion King 1 1/2, but this is such a terrible idea, I can't even forulate the words to describe it. Ugh.... I just hope Pixar can get a few hits out there without Disney. Unlike the Mouse House, they can't afford *financially) any bombs.

In other Michael-Einser-alienating-Disney's-hitmakers News, the Weinsteins are officially separted from Miramax. Disney will still put out films until the Miramax name, but there's no question in Hollywood, Miramax is Bob and Harvey Weinstein. This is going to change the way cool films are made mainstream.

On a related note, Michael Eisner is officially stepping down from his post at the end of September this year. In an idiotic move by the Disney board, he's being replaced by Robert Iger (who many consider to be just as bad as Eisner). There is a chance that the new management could work out new deals with both Pixar and Miramax, as neither company has finalized its plans.

• 10 months later...
When did Disney buy Pixar?

Disney/Pixar Deal Article Link

Pixar, Disney deal rumored

Emeryville firm's stock gets 3% boost on news of talks

Carrie Kirby, Matthew Yi, Chronicle Staff Writers

Friday, January 20, 2006

Pixar, Disney deal rumored

Either Steve Jobs is poised to storm Hollywood, or Hollywood is ardently wooing Steve Jobs.

Which is it? That's what investors are trying to figure out as reports continue to slip out that Walt Disney Corp. may buy Pixar Animation, the Emeryville computer-animation company that Jobs leads.

It's far from clear which side is pushing for the purchase, or even whether a purchase will occur.

But Pixar investors are excited enough about the prospect that they drove the firm's stock up nearly 3 percent Thursday after the Wall Street Journal reported "serious discussions," quoting unnamed sources.

The New York Times, citing unnamed sources in today's editions, confirmed that negotiations are under way between Disney and Pixar and that Disney's board will meet this weekend to discuss whether to proceed with the deal.

Pixar gained $1.61 to close at $58.87, a record high. Since Jan. 3, just before the takeover rumor surfaced, Pixar has jumped 6 percent, or $3.30. Disney shares rose 4 percent, or $1.02, to close at $26.24.

Disney spokeswoman Michelle Bergman declined to comment on the speculation. A representative from Pixar did not return calls Thursday.

Pixar and Disney have been partners for years, with Pixar making movies and Disney distributing them. That agreement will expire with the release of the Pixar film "Cars" this summer, and both firms have been in on-again-off-again talks for years to forge a new relationship.

The old agreement, signed before hits like "Finding Nemo" made Pixar the superstar it is today, allows Disney to recoup all its marketing expenses before sharing the remaining proceeds 50/50 with Pixar.

It also gives Disney control over the intellectual property of films made under the agreement, meaning that Disney, not Pixar, has the right to create sequels to "Nemo," "The Incredibles" and other hits.

Pixar is pushing for full control of future films and better economic terms.

When Michael Eisner led Disney, Jobs seemed poised to find another distributor as soon as the deal ended. But new Disney Chief Executive Officer Robert Iger and his executive team seemed to have developed a friendly relationship with Jobs and his teams at Pixar and his other company, Apple Computer Inc.

One clear example of the warming relationship is the deal that made Disney's ABC the first TV network to offer shows for Apple's iTunes Music Store, analysts said.

"With or without this rumored deal, (Apple and Disney) are already working very closely together," said Alan Deutschman, author of "The Second Coming of Steve Jobs."

When the takeover rumors surfaced earlier this month, nearly everyone was skeptical that a Disney/Pixar merger could become a reality. After all, Pixar's market capitalization of $7 billion would make it pricey even for an entertainment giant such as Disney.

Edited by MusicManiac