Hondo's Bar

Pixar

*Jewels*

It's not rumored. They bought the company last week for a pretty hefty deal. Pixar studios is now part of Disney studios. Steve Jobs now has the highest shares of any shareholder, and John Lasseter has been given the position of developing and greenlighting all future Disney animated features. The cg animation house that was developed to make sequels to the Pixar movies has been shut down completely.

While, I honestly don't think Pixar needs Disney (though Disney's visibility and marketing prowess have certainly helped - what other company can guarantee you possible theme park rides?) if this deal means acquiring the talent necessary to put Disney animation back on top, I'm all for it.

Well, Steve Jobs (founder of Pixar) is not he highest shareholder of Disney stock and John Lasseter (producer of all Pixar films and director of all but Nemo and the Incredibles) is head of animation at Disnay. That tells me the genius of Pixar is going to rub off on to Disney, not that the staleness of Disney will suck Pixar dry. But only time will tell.

• 1 year later...

Seeign a full trailer (not just a teaser) for Ratatouille last night, I have to say I now have confidence in this project. The concept that I read from the teaser was "rat likes good food." Not enough for a good movie, but the concept revealed in the trailer (bad human chef + good rat chef = ultimate cooking due) looked great. My faith in Pixar is officially revived. Ding dong, the Eisner's dead!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

I've got to disagree that it can't be any better than Cars 2. Yes it can. You're right that there's nothing left to say in the Monsters Inc universe after the discovery of the energy potential of children's laughter, but that's why they're doing a prequel instead of a sequel. I don't know if it will be good, I just know that it could be good.

Saw Brave. Was really good. Not Pixar's best, maybe not even in their top 5, but really good none the less. I would say its on par with How to Train Your Dragon.

You need to post your top Pixar movies in the thread in anime.

Anyway, I'm seeing this on Sunday and I'm not expecting it to be anything on par w/ UP or Toy Story. However, I really liked HTTYD, so I'm more optimistic about it now. I should be happy as long as it isn't a Cars or Cars 2.

Having seen all 13 Pixar films, so at Chris' request:

Toy Story 3

WALL-E

The Incredibles

Toy Story 2

Finding Nemo

Ratatouille

Up

Monster, Inc.

Brave

Toy Story

A Bug's Life

Cars

Cars 2

Toy Story 3 is in a solid spot at #1. #11-#13 are pretty solid too. The position of the rest are more fluid and might easily move up or down depending on my mood.

I've got to disagree that it can't be any better than Cars 2. Yes it can. You're right that there's nothing left to say in the Monsters Inc universe after the discovery of the energy potential of children's laughter, but that's why they're doing a prequel instead of a sequel.

That's worse, though. We know that the whole scaring bit is just a waste of time and honestly pretty horrible so we're just going to watch them leading up to the mistakes that made the first movie. Remember the Star Wars prequels?

I've got to disagree that it can't be any better than Cars 2. Yes it

Toy Story 3

WALL-E

The Incredibles

Toy Story 2

Finding Nemo

Ratatouille

Up

Monster, Inc.

Brave

Toy Story

A Bug's Life

Cars

Cars 2

Here's mine

Up

WALL-E

Toy Story 3

Toy Story 2

Monsters, Inc.

The Incredibles

Toy Story

Ratatouille

A Bug's Life

Cars

Haven't seen Finding Nemo, Cars 2 or Brave yet (although I highly doubt I'll ever watch Cars 2)

Oh and can't wait for Monsters University, haters can shut the fup up.

Edited by alive she cried

Jax's list is, of course, wrong. I'll post the correct order once I've seen Brave. :2T:

...Haven't seen Finding Nemo, Cars 2 or Brave yet (although I highly doubt I'll ever watch Cars 2)

Oh and can't wait for Monsters University, haters can shut the fup up.

...Haven't seen Finding Nemo, Cars 2 or Brave yet (although I highly doubt I'll ever watch Cars 2)

...Haven't seen Finding Nemo

mother-god-meme.jpg

Haven't seen Finding Nemo, Cars 2 or Brave yet (although I highly doubt I'll ever watch Cars 2)

Hey! I also have not seen Finding Nemo! I thought I was the only one!

Never say Toy Story 3 either. I know it's supposed to be the greatest evar, but it just looked WAAAAY too sad for me. No thanks. I already feel bad about the toys I have in storage.

It's more of a matter of how can we watch them learn to scare humans in a way that doesn't undo their redemption or ignore the redemption's need without being unimportant fluff. I imagine pixar wouldn't do it if they didn't have an approach to that, as they are very careful in what they craft.

But that's just on faith. Shouldn't fault a skeptic for skepticism.