Hondo's Bar

Anime Update ^-^

Sango

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a couple of episodes of Outlaw Star on Cartoon Network, including the first episode. Not bad stuff. Not Cowboy Bebop callaber, but it's about time I stop expecting everything to live up to Cowboy Bebop. I'm gonna buy a nice cheap dvd collection of a the series on eBay as soon as I get my credit card in the mail (old one was lost, and it takes 10 busniss days push a new number that I won't know till I get it in the mail). Found several US sellers with 3 DVD sets with all 26 episodes with English and Japanese soundtrack.

• 2 weeks later...

POT goes along the lines of classic sports anime. Gets you going with the whole ego appeal and the defeat of worthy advesaries. I just finished Innuyasha 86, no more till they hit the net again so i can go back to catching up on POT thanks to our very own lizi-chan.

In fact, I just got my brother a new raquet ( his old one just busted due to overuse :approve: ) Having been playing him the past couple days... I hate to see that he's gotten better than me. For crying out loud im the older brother, im supposed to beat him at everything :D We've been playing daily now due to the awesome cold front hitting the southeastern US. As soon as the heat returns, my energy dissapates and back to being lethargic I go, so my chance to narrow that gap is now. Must challenge to another rematch now !

• 1 month later...

Problem's already fixed, highlight to see the spoilers, like usual.

Apologies to Spiffy & any others on the board watching Kenshin who saw that....it was a review of OAV's that end the series, takin place 10 years after the rest of it...considerin i think Spiffy said Kenshin has @ 90-something episodes, you can see where it's a helluva spoiler. Im sorry i didnt catch it before, but im certainly glad i didnt see it either.

Sorry again Spiffy. Ill pick up those last two episodes when i can & make it up to ya.

• 2 months later...

I may be late here, and if you're in this part of the forum, you probably know, but I'm gonna say it, anyway.

Kenshin's now on Cartoon Network. It may have been on there for a little while and I may have simply managed to miss every other commercial for it, but with the frequency with which I'm seeing them now, I doubt it.

Of course, it's the sucky English dubs--no fun stuff, damn it!--so, as Yahve and my bud Ricky got me into watching subs and fansubs (yes, take a freakin' bow, Oh Almighty One), I recommend purchasing--or pirating--the English-subbed-only versions. :D

Concerining Kenshin...it should also be noted that translation varies heavily, even with the subtitled versions.

The domestic DVD's translation (yahven has half of the series, i think) is tolerable but leaves out/changes a fair amount at times.

Spiffytee procured the entire series (+ OAV's and extras) on Ebay for a fair amount, fansubbed VCD's...not quite as crystal clear but still good visual quality, with much better translation. If youre gonna watch the subs, i figure you should go for the more accurate ones (havin Chi-chan as our translator has taught us much :wasabi: )

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay haven't been here in a while but here we go

MAR Heaven aka Marchen awakens romance:

If you liked flame of recca you'll like this one ::I hope the end is better though =_=; :: well the pick is of the comic but it will do :D

marchen.jpg

Story-

Kosi Ginta is a junior high school student who wants to be in the world of fantasy, One day a mysterious door appears in his classroom. The door leads to another world, “Mar Heaven”. This is the place he longed to be in, it has everything he dreamed a fairy tale world would have, witches, werewolves. He finds an item called ÄRM. It’s a special device that was created by magic and gives the user a special ability.

So far 2 episodes have been released its air right now in japan i think

Here's another newbie its called Tsubasa clamp fans enjoy

This has a manga to :D again a comic pic :Dtsubasa-teleka.jpg

Story:

In the Land of Clow, a teenaged Syaoran returns from archaeology did where he is working. He is greeted by his old childhood friend, Princess Sakura. Sakura wants to confess her feelings for Syaoran, but gets interupted before doing so. Later, she meets Syaoran at the ruins where her latent powers become active and wings (tsubasa) appear as a mysterious person attempts to kidnap her. Syaoran prevents Sakura from being taken, but now Sakura is unconscious and her memories appear to be gone. She will die unless she can get help from the time-space witch Yuuko. The priest-mage Yukito sends Syaoran across space and time to another universe where Yuuko resides on Earth in Japan. There, they not only meet Yuuko, but also Kurogane, a powerful ninja who was sent there by Princess Tomoyo from her universe to learn the true meaning of strength. And finally they meet Fai, a powerful mage and creator of Chii in his world. He's on the run from a sleeping ruler named Ashura.

Yuuko agrees to grant all of their wishes for a major price. For Kurogane, he must give up his sword in order to travel through dimensions in the hopes of returning home. For Fai, he must give up the tatoos that his magic comes from so he can stay on the run. For Syaoran, he must give up his current relationship with Sakura to travel to the dimensions to find the feathers of her wings which contain her memories. And Sakura, though unconscious, must give up her memories of Syaoran.

Together, the four set off with the critter Mokona, who can locate Sakura's feathers, who can open doors between universes, and who can communicate with Yuuko when needed

It runs saturdays in japan and it has about 3 episodes

Edited by BaKa_nO_kUrO_nEkO

Mai HiME

mai-hime.jpg

Story::

Fuka Gakue is a unified school from primary through senior high school. In Fuka Gakuen, there was a rumor that a mysterious monster appeared, and that the only counter measures for the monster were girls called "HiME". They have abilities of HiME (Highly-advanced Materializing Equipment).

Mai was a transferred and she didn't know the rumor. However, she was suddenly told her she had the power of a HiME. After facing a few problems, she learns to live her life as a HiME.

Its really funny and worth the watch I haven't seen it all I saw abit but I totally recommend it--Oh and by the way it ended its about 26episodes long

As sango I promised hikaru no go :D so here ya go

its about 75episodes long

HIKARUNOGO_1101.jpg

Shindoh Hikaru, a 6th grader, finds an old go table in the attic of his grandfather's house. He sees some blood stains on the go table, and tries to wipe it off... when a ghost dressed in Heian period clothes pops out, and takes over his body.

The ghost happens to be Fujiwara no Sai, a member of the court during the Heian period. Sai was one of the two men who was assigned as the go tutor to the emperor. The other tutor was envious of Sai, and challenged him to a go match -- whoever wins gets to stay as the court's go master. Sai's opponent cheats during the match, and before Sai could say anything about it, the opponent accused Sai of cheating. Sai was banished from the court, and because of regret and anger, he committed suicide. But as with all unrepented souls, Sai was unable to leave the material world... until he is able to master go, and get one step closer to "kami no itte," or god's hand.

Its super cool and you can even learn a bit about go at the end of each episode--

Well of course :D

Peace Maker Kurogane

I really liked it its about 26 episodes long its kinda to cute at times or really violent...but whatever i enjoyed it...

pack-peacemaker.gif

It is the closing time of the chaotic Edo Era (Japan, 1603-1868). In this time, some young people make a breakthrough in this era.

It is the first year of Genji (1864)*, March. A spring where cherry blossoms scatter and dance in the air of Kyoto. A single young man knocks at the door of the headquarters of the Mibu Shinsengumi (the newly established Mibu team). His name was Ichimura Tetsunosuke, aged 15. His personality, as his name suggests, is Teppoudama*

Unlike his height, Tetsunosuke possesses great will power and hopes to join the Shinsengumi to avenge his parents. He is allowed to join the team on the condition that he can win against the talented swordsman Okita Souji*. And so, Tetsunosuke challenges Okita.

"I want to become stronger."

Tetsunosuke, getting back up and fighting back no matter how many times he gets knocked down, earns him the admiration of Kondou Isamu* who allows him to join. However, the "oni"* vice captain, Hijikata Toshizou* refused to let him join saying, "The Shingumi will not have someone joining for vengeance."

One night, Tetsunosuke passes by the place where Okita was hiding and witnesses a ferocious battle. Hijikata leaves Tetsunosuke saying "Joining the Shingumi is just a way of becoming a demon."

Tetsunosuke stood still as he took in the painful reality that he must hold a sword and hurt people to become stronger.

However, in the falling rain, he asks Hijikata with Great Spirit, "I will not be afraid of demons. Make me into a demon." And so, it was how Tetsunosuke got consent from Hijikata to join the Shingumi.

Tetsunosuke faces many dark and cold battles as he worries about and watches over his brother Tatsunosuke who suffers from gastralgia. Together with Souji and the others of the Shingumi, they make a breakthrough in the closing of the Edo Era as an apprentice of Hijikata Toshizou...

Some interesting notes from Kaworu:

* Teppoudama = someone who does things without consent.

* oni meaning demon. In this case, it means he's mean.

* Some of the main characters in the Shinsengumi and the group itself; Hijikata Touzou, Okita Souji and Kondou Isamu were real people in Japanese History during the Edo Era.

* As you might already know, Japanese also use the name of their current emperor and the year of reign which is "Genji" in this story.--all of the web info :D  oh well

Shadow Skills

I haven't really watched yet but I heard it was really cool. I don't know how good or bad it is but the animation looks well done its about 13episodes long

70-6760-sm.jpg

Edo Era, the world of the Tokugawa Shogunate. There were those who crept in the darkness. The Hiruko Ninja. They are fated to live in darkness, and die in darkness. However, if the power of the Dragon's Jewel, which has been handed down among the Hiruko since ancient times, is combined with that of the Priestess of Light, even the Hiruko can be bathed in light. There was one who, believing this, ran away from the Hiruko. And thus begins our story.

At the same time, a group of ninja called the Kimon Shu began targeting the stolen jewel as well as the Priestess of Light, who was living in a hidden village. The Kimon were working behind the scenes to bring about a revival of the Toyotomi. What is their intent? As the mystery deepens, the grand battle between the Hiruko and the Kimon over the treasure begins.

In that battle, there was a man who came in from rather unusual circumstances. His name: Kibagami Jubei. Having the ability to defeat enemies by using the art of Shippuu no Iai to create kamaitachi, he is a highly skilled "Ninja for Hire." Claiming he was just angry that they were disturbing his sleep, Jubei refuses to get involved in the fighting any further, but as fate would have it, he and the jewel and the Priestess of Light are brought together. Perhaps by coincidence or perhaps he was called by something, but in the hidden village he entered was the Priestess of Light, Shigure. The hidden village is destroyed in an attack by the Kimon Shu. Along with the aged ninja Dakuan and the boy ninja Tsubute who helped Shigure when she was being pursued, Jubei is pulled into the journey to protect Shigure. Having been told by Dakuan that she seems to have some connection with the Yagyuu Clan, Shigure sets off for the Yagyuu village, wanting to know the secrets of her own birth. The path is littered with the persistently pursuing Hiruko Ninja and Kimon Shu. One after the other, Jubei's Shippuu no Tachi cuts down the unearthly youjutsu that come after them.

Calling this violent battle to the death, what is the true power of the jewel and the Priestess of Light..!?

Kiddy Grade-Click for image

I liked it had action and some cute things only thing is if you don't like stuff thats a bit show (like female parts and some perv things) you might be bothered a bit....

After going through numerous interstellar wars, mankind is finally formed an interstellar union. However there are still much disputes and wars occurring amongst the members of the union itself.

In order to resolve this dispute, a secret organization, which is known as GOTT, is formed. They trained agents with special powers to fight for the organization.

Agent Eclair and Lumiere are two girls with outstanding abilities, and they are assigned as partners. Together, they fight, and slowly uncover more and more about the secret of the organization that they work for.

Okay so update update thinking :D okay I got it this is for the pervs :D way to many panties shots in my opinion :D

Ichigo Image Click Here

Picture of Ichigo Manga click here

Story: One day on the roof, Manaka Junpi encounters a really beautiful girl on the roof, she runs away before he even gets the chance to talk to her. His only clue is that she dropped a math book, with the name Toujou Aya and that she wears strawberry panties.

Next day at school he finds Toujou Aya and finds out she's the exact opposite of that girl he met on the rooftop, there’s no way it can be her, can it?

• 1 month later...

Da Cap'n was telling me bout this one last week, says tho it wasnt quite as over-the-top with violence & such, he says it made a valiant effort to throw cool demons & such for Jubei to fight, and was really worth it if you enjoyed the movie as much as...as you shouldve.

His calls on these things are pretty good. Then again, i was just gettin his say-so on the download of the series; if youre lookin to buy, you might wanna ask around. I intend to watch it sometime in the near future, ill certainly post my thoughts when i do, for what its worth.

• 3 weeks later...
Alternative title:

Jubei Ninpucho: Ryuhogyoku-Hen (Japanese)

Wind Ninja Chronicles [Dragon Stone Chapter] (Japanese)

Age rating: Mature (May contain sex, drugs, and extreme graphic violence)

Genres: Adventure, Horror, Supernatural

Plot Summary: Fourteen years after defeating the immortal warrior Himuro Genma and thwarting the Shogun of the Dark's evil plans, Kibagami Jubei continues to roam all over Japan as a masterless swordsman. During his journey, he meets Shigure, a priestess who has never seen the world outside her village. But when a group of demons destroys the village and kills everyone, Jubei becomes a prime target after acquiring the Dragon Jewel - a stone with an unknown origin. Meanwhile, Shigure - along with the monk Dakuan and a young thief named Tsubute - travels to the village of Yagyu. And with two demon clans now hunting down Shigure, Dakuan must once again acquire the services of Jubei to protect the Priestess of Light...........

Running time: 25 minutes

Number of episodes: 13

Here's a poll by some people:

Masterpiece: 5 votes (dub:2, sub:2, ?:1)

Excellent: 15 votes (sub:10, dub:4, ?:1)

Very good: 19 votes (sub:10, dub:6, raw:1, Spa.sub:1, ?:1)

Good: 47 votes (sub:35, dub:10, ?:1, Spa.dub:1)

Decent: 19 votes (sub:11, dub:6, ?:1, raw:1)

So-so: 15 votes (sub:13, dub:2)

Not really good: 14 votes (sub:12, dub:2)

Weak: 6 votes (sub:3, ?:1, raw:1, dub:1)

Bad: 11 votes (sub:10, dub:1)

Awful: 1 vote (sub:1)

Worst ever: 1 vote (sub:1)

Seen in part or in whole by 301 users, rank: #284

Median rating: Good

I heard that its was good if you like hack and slash anime....so it up to you guys I didn't see it in fear of it boring me but the movie is kick ass..... :D

Pic of Ah! My Goddess [click here]

Ah! My Goddess (TV)

Alternative title:

Aa Megami-sama (Japanese)

Oh! My Goddess

Age rating: Teenagers (May contain bloody violence, bad language, nudity)

Genres: Comedy, Drama, Magical Girl, Romance, Shounen

Plot Summary: Keiichi Morisato is looking forward to university life. But in reality, he has no luck in anything, and he has trouble with clubs, love, etc. The truth is that he has an unlucky star above his head. One day, Keiichi is stuck watching the dorm while his sempai are away, and has a mountain of chores to do to boot. But Keiichi is a good-natured person, and is set about doing his duties. As he is about to finish his final chore, he makes a phone call to his sempai. But the words that came through the receiver are, 'Goddess Help Line.' Shortly afterwards, a beautiful goddess named Belldandy appears in front of him from the mirror of his room.

Its awesome if you liked the Oh! My Goddess ova you'll enjoy the series as well....Its cute to cute both worth the watch......