Hondo's Bar

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Eternal Usagi-Chan

:love:Hey everybody! Those that have seen evangelion know what I am talking about when I say that it kicks ass!! :D Not only is it funny as hell, but it contains violence, a love story, extremely perverted little Shinji ( Miranda you know what I mean), and a futuristic twist in one package. I love it so much, I named my sorority family tree " Eva unit Omega"!!  I must admit the first time you watch it, you might get confused because of the whole lilith and adam thing or why Seele is doing this in the first place. ( Sorry to those that haven't seen it yet, but you'll know what I mean when you watch it).

:dissappointed:What really might bother you though, is the ending of the season. Take my word for it, it's really weird. I suggest you watch the end of the season with the movie ready to pop into the vcr/dvd.  :dissappointed:

Careful with the *SPOILERS* there, alita.

I agree - good animation, pace, fair characterization (ok, he was a pervert in one scene, cut him some slack!), but the overall plot, tho a bit of a mindfuck, was really fuckin smart.  

Granted, it helped to have studied existentialism a bit but even so, its the smartest anime ive seen, tho i havent finished Lain yet.

Was also funny tryin to watch the OAV endin with alita, mulan & eyeore...ive never seen subtitles move so damn fast. Think i rewound every couple lines or so. :D

Personally, I think you should just skip the last episode and save yourself the aggrevation and go straight to the movies..... I felt sooo cheated sitting there for twenty minutes watching what made abosolutly no sense!! It's still an awesome series and I have to say it's one my favorites even though it has such an odd twist to it.

There's so many things to love about Evagelion, but I have to agree the ending was very agrevating...just like most animes uhumm...escaflowne.  I have yet to watch an anime that ended happily.  So I just started Fushugi yugi...(spell?)  And if that series doesn't end well i'll be upset.  Anyways what is it today and sad endings?  I miss happy endings...call me a sap but damn it give me something to work with. :approve:

I agree with Lizi on the skipping the last two episodes. They are a major waste of time!!! :dissappointed:  Mulan- Fushigi Yuugi :D .... And Irish Cowboy- don't forget this scene-

"Pay the toll!!":sly:

"Here's your change" :0

You might not think about it or notice, but there are a lot of perverted parts in this anime!!! :D

People, enough bashin of the endings!

Esca - Mulan is right, she and Lizi-chan just wanted to see a happy, unrealistic endin.

Eva - The series' end had strong ideas, but just went bout them the wrong way by the very end *SPOILER*

with the whole "congratulations!" part but it was showin how everythin merged.

The OAV's end - with the 13th angel & Rei as yin and yang, talkin bout metaphysics/existentialism/nature of life etc was some deep shit.  Ya might wanna watch it more than once, the ideas were a lil too big to be contained in such a small movie, least of all an anime.  Not that its above anyone here, just might not be your thing, in which case, definitely dont watch Serial Experiments: Lain, which from the parts ive seen is along the same lines.  Metal Gear Solid 2 ends in a similar manner, but on a much smaller, less-encompassin scale. Many hate it.  I think brilliant endings like that, while they dont appeal much as clever but rather just confusin or dumb, usually end up around my favorites list, maybe its the philosophy thing.

What can i tell ya.  Even Mulan hated Brazil...:D

Mulan, I warn you know, you ain't gonna find what you looking for......

Nick is right, i was rather disappointed with the end of escaflowne but it was still a cool ass series!! and i'm sure he remmebers what i went thru (or should i say what i put yahve thru  :D ) whenn i watched FY. Let me know when you finish the series and i'll watch the OAVs with you, they're REALLY good.....you'll prolly like how they end better than the way the series ends.

I know tht Fushi isn't the main topic of this post, butTaski is the cutest little thing!!! :D  He was my favorite guy character. Nuriko was my all time favorite, I just don't know whether to say he or she...

Anyway's eventhough the ending for eva was dissappointing to a lot of people, there was a lot of symbolizm that made so interesting!!! And  I actually liked the way the move ended, unlike Super. Eva #1 :D

Alright 2 FY all nighter fests and I'm still not done.  I'm on Episode 30 and I'm dying in suspense.  

Spoiler:

If they keep on tearing apart Tamohomo and Miaka again....I don't know what I'll do.  This is driving me nuts.  

And how many episodes are there?  Yahve said something like 52 damn Seriuyu and it's evil 7.  Someone please don't  spoil the rest for me.  I'm working on the rest of the series slowly. :D

• 1 month later...
:D Who has that movie anyways? I finished watching Alita's Eva collection and I am still waiting for Jo-Jo to lend me the movie. She lost it somewhere in her house. I feel incomplete knowing that there is a movie of it that might explain a little more on the story.    ???  I want to watch!!!

She's crazy. Complete and utterly crazy. Jo-Jo had lost her movie of EVA and when I tell her your gonna lend it to me, she says she found it... one of these days, I think she's gonna make a very nice man pull out all his hair. OH people can be so...

:angry: I hate People!!  :D

ok wait Eva Rocks I just hate the ending come on....

Congratulations.....Congratulations.....Congratulations.....Congratulations.....Congratula

tions.....Congratulations.....

:angry: ggggggrrrrrrrr

they have the time and money to make a different ending come on make it worth watching maybe it was just a way of dooping you into buying the last video...damn it.. freaking Japaneese they are making a fortune off us stupid Americans...I need a piece of that..hmmmmm lol....

but on a serious note the series was AWSOME! I loved it and while I was watching it I couldn't help but be anxious to watch the new episodes.....I LOVE THE SERIESSSSSSSSSS :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D