Hondo's Bar

Best DVDs to Own

• 2 months later...

Ok, quick question: does anyone know what extras X-Men 1.5 brings vs the old one, which had cool sketches & the like? I know it was a ploy to get guys like me to spend more $ before X2 (sweet fuck all i cant wait till that one's on DVD), but i fuckin love when movies like Unbreakable, Spider-Man and the upcoming Daredevil (yeah, ill buy it just for this) have entire 20+ minute things dedicated to comic writers & artists talkin, and not just Stan Lee, ya know? Was hopin 1.5 might have somethin like that...

Yeah, it does have quite a lot of extras, but I'm not sure if it's worth getting if you already have the first one (even though I did). Though there is a really funny bit of bloopers that shows how hard it was for the actors to move the first time they wore their leather suits. Seemed like ten minutes of just-letting-the-camera-roll footage of them trying to figure out how to climb over the sea wall on Liberty Island. Trying and failing miserably. 'S funny. I don't recall there being much from-the-comics footage. Nothing like they're putting on the Daredevil dvd, anyway. Have you seen the lineup for that documentary, IC? And it devotes 10-20 minutes on each interviewee!

Have you seen the lineup for that documentary, IC? And it devotes 10-20 minutes on each interviewee!

Nah, wish i did...Bendis told me he was gonna be on for a while, thought that was cool since he missed out on the Spidey commentary...who else do you know of, besides Stan Lee? My $'s on Stan Lee (he cant shut up), Romita, and Quesada at least.

Any word on an R-rated director's cut of DD? I heard that the original cut was much better but the studio wanted to capitalize of the Spider-Man audience so they demanded it be cut down to PG-13. This makes sense to me since the overwhelmign feeling I got out of the movie was that there was potential that wasn't quite reached. I'd happily want for a director's cut if I could just get a confirmation that it was happening.

Jax, the director says he's fighting to get an R-rated cut out there, but the first release is the PG-13. No word on whether or not the director's cut will ever make it.

And IC, on the documentary for DD are (at least) Stan Lee, John Romita Jr and Sr, Frank Miller, Gene Colan, Joe Quesada, David Mack, Brian Michael Bendis, and of course, Kevin Smith. Basically everybody who made Daredevil the great comic character that he is. Not something to be missed by any comic fan.

By the way, also in DD news. They're developing a video game (based on the comics, not the movie) for all platforms. Should be coming out soon. Acclaim was supposed to premiere at E3. I'm trying to download the trailer for it, now, but from what I've seen so far it looks a lot like the Spider-man game they came out with recently, which is nice.