Hondo's Bar

The Animatrix

Jesus_was_Goth

The one I was most excited to see was The Final Flight of Osiris, but I had no desire to pay 9 bucks and watch Dreamcatcher (despite having Morgan Freeman and Jason Lee) so I missed it. I'm sure I can download it somewhere right?

By the way, did anyone else notice that they seemed to re-use character models from Final Fantasy in Osiris?

anime_gallery_osiris_2L.jpg

That guy in the forefront looks remarkable like Sgt. Ryan, while the one over his left shoulder has a face strikingly similar to Aki Ross.

Just a thought.

Edited by Silent Bob

The only versions I've found of Final Flight Of The Osiris online have been total crap. I mean completely terrible video quality. Not worth it at all, even on broadband. And yes, they used the same character models, and from the crappy version I saw, they had very similar voices to.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know the differences between the US and HK version, but lemme tell you this, I had just started collecting DVDs when The Matrix came out on DVD and it was or high quality when it came out. The menu was crazy good for the time and the features were more than sufficent. Why, the first 2 DVD release (ID4) hadn't even come out yet. And when good movies started getting really nice treatments, what did they do? Did they release a special edition? No, the released The Matrix Revisited. It was a rip off, so I didn't buy it, but the point is The Matrix DVD wasn't a cheap treatment, teh standards were lower then (it was almost 4 years ago).

I think he just meant the packaging, Jax. As I recall, they put the Matrix in one of those cheaper cardboard boxes as opposed to the plastic ones most go in. By the way, they were going to release a Special Edition dvd for the Matrix a few months before Reloaded came out, but the Wachowskis decided that the extras and (I think) bonus movie footage gave away too many spoilers for Reloaded and Revolutions so they canned it. I wouldn't be surprised if they went ahead with its release after Revolutions comes out.

The cardboard packaging doesn't bother me actually. I just don't like the fact that it's not standardized. I wish I could have just one type. But oh well. Special Edition Matrix...do you know what's going to happen with the Matrix Reloaded and Revoions DVDs? By the way, Reloaded on Imax screens starting June 20th!

• 4 weeks later...

Yea, Final flight of the Osiris was pretty decent, but I thought both parts of Renaissance was a lot better. Osiris was probably the best one visually, and the only one most simliar to the movies. The other one I liked was Program, which didn't exactly have the same emotional impact of the others but it was just plain cool none the less.

There was definitely a lot of diffrent animation styles that really stand out to be really amazing.