Hondo's Bar

Movies 2Track hates

THE MISSING SCENE FROM CASABLANCA

Rick Blaine: I'm saying it because it's true. Inside of us, we both know you belong with Ted. You're part of his work, the thing that keeps him going. If that phone-booth leaves the ground and you're not with him, you'll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.

Bill S. Preston esq.: Bogus.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the reason this mofo hated the Matrix was because he's seen Bill & Ted's so many times, he can't see Keanu as anyone else. I think that's really unfair. Keanu is limited as an actor, but he does clueless guys really well, and Neo was clueless (which makes it possible he'll suck in the next ones, we'll see). The Matrix was like Star Wars, it transcends preformances. Mark Hamill can't act, but it doesn't matter. He also ranks of bullet time, no doubt because of gap commercial copying it. If you hate those commercials, that makes the gap suck, not The Matrix. I'm sorry, there is NO reason not to like The Matrix!

3)Who the fuck watches Star Wars for Mark Hamill - it's all about the Han

That's just the point. Nobody watches The Matrix for Keanu Reeves. The point is that his stupid preformance is no reason to rank on one for the fucking coolest movies ever released, the same way if someone said they hate Star Wars because of Mark Hamill you'd look at them like they were retarded. So stop pissing on it until you watch it sober (are you ever sober?).

The first time I watched it I was sober as a judge and fell asleep before the ending and the second time was...let's just say taking illegal substances. So I gave it a chance after the first time (as I did with Fight Club, American Beauty and alot of the movies I dissed). I'm just not into that kinda shit.

As for the comparisons to Star Wars and the Matrix - hmmmm.

The Matrix was humorless. It was also dark as fuck. There was no light moments (that I can remember - correct me if I'm wrong). If that doesn't set them apart nothing will.

And anyway...why are you moaning like a bitchy little fan-boy. Unless you didn't notice, this thread (which was set up by IC, not me) is in jest for the most part.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, you say that the Matrix is "one for the fucking coolest movies ever released" (sic) but I think it's not. Take it easy.

Youre certainly entitled to your opinion, but it is odd...granted, you dont seem to enjoy preachy movies, but this one's damn near universal; people dig the action, style, etc...again, if you dont like kung fu, leather, light philosophy, apocalyptic-future storylines, Reeves etc i can see not liking it, but there is a lot to like. And Jax has somethin there anyway: Reeves made a pretty fair "reluctant/not too bright" hero, we'll see how he manages in the next two - im banking on Fishbourne, tho.

American Beauty...are there any avant-garde types you can think of offhand that you dig? Braveheart, that one threw me off, but then there's been 2 chicks on this board who thought Gladiator was a better movie (one, because Wallace "wasnt true to his dead wife", and the other never said why).

Lets give you an easy one that i dig tho...whaddya make of Die Hard? hah...

Yippe kye yay motherfucker! Die Hard is a fun movie. Nothing to write home about but watching Bruce running around in a wife beater taking out bad-guys left right and center is a good way to spend a thursday night.

Avant Garde? Hmmm...I dunno what do you class as avant garde? I really liked "DEAD MAN" if that fits the bill....gimme a few flix in that catogory and I'll see what I can do.

Is Caddyshack one?

"Ewwww Dooody!"

Yeah, IC know what I'm saying. Everyone just loves the Matrix. It's the Star Wars of our generation (and the reasons you list why they're not comparable are pretty weak, you might as well say it's becasue they have a different cast). And Liking Gladiator better than Braveheart, that's one thing. No liking Braveheart all together? That's another. Fact is, while you're entitled to your opinions, they're very strange and I question your motivations.

Everyone just loves the Matrix.

Not true. There's nothing in the world that everyone loves. Face it. Not The MATRIX, not ICE-CREAM, not THE BEATLES. Whatever you want to put here there's someone out there that won't dig it.

Motivations - none other than I just don't like those movies. Braveheart just isn't my cup of tea. Either was Gladiator for that fact. Live with it. If it pisses you off then don't read the thread. Skip over it and look at whatever else you want to.

Everyone does love The Matrix. Not in the literal sense, but in the statisical sense, it's true. The same way 60% of the vote in an election is a landslide, the amount of people who love The Matrix constitutes a practical implication of everyone. Everyone is France is a against the War in Iraq. Not technically true, but in any practical sense, it is. Everybody loves The Matrix.

Yeah..I'm getting in trouble right here...I was gonna not do it but what the fuck..

TEN REASONS WHY I DON'T LIKE JAX

1)He bitches like a little whiney fan boy

2)Has no sense of irony...

3)....Or sacrcasm

4)Doesn't like it when people bad mouth Keanu Reeves

5)Strange ass comments like : " Everyone does love The Matrix. Not in the literal sense, but in the statisical sense, it's true."

6)He's about as funny as getting a kick in the junk.

7)Can't take the fact that there's some people out there with different opinions

8)Wouldn't stick up for AleX Winter like he sticks up for Keanu

9)Thinking there's another motivation (shock value etc.) for this thread.

10)He never bought me a pint bottle of McArdles

Top 5 reasons not to like 2Track

1) He's more contrary (move-wise) than yahven! He prolly watches "Miracle on 34th street" waitin for Jimmy to die or somethin

2) He never told me where "2Track" comes from, as a name and all..iquiring minds want to know.

3) He came to DD, went mainstream & forgot about his love for the real thug, Sisqo

4) Uhm..i bet he smells funny

5) I have, as yet, but unable to put him in a corner; he walks away when he thinks youre not looking.

Hehehehe. They're some of the reasons I hate me too...so in answer to your post....

1)"No Virginia, there ain't no fucking Santa Clause, we got you all that shit over the years."

2)Long and not so interesting story behind this one...I was at a gig in Dublin in (Irish pseudo-celebrity) Smiley Bolger's club. There was a skip full of shit outside and I had had a few drinks so I thought it'd be a great idea to jump into it and start breaking stuff (the drunken mind never ceases to amaze me). After about two minutes of random destruction, Smiley walked out the door and caught me with a two-track mixer (possibly the most pointless machine I ever saw. Until this occasion I never even knew the pieces of shit existed) over my head just about to be smashed. He asked me what I was doing and I told him I was just looking for musical equiptment and asked could I keep the two-track...so he said yes and I legged it off down the road with my mates. Being as drunk as I was I took it home with me on the bus and on the way everyone was calling me 2track and it stuck. So there ya go.

3)Me and Sisqo had a falling out sometime back and have (as of this date) not reconciled. Hopefully we wll meet soon and talk.

4)Yeah...stale marlboros and spilt booze mostly

5)Do you wanna dance....Dirty dance?

Me and my boys went away for a weekend at put that on and we got so drunk that no-one could change (or bother changing) the video tape so we just sat in our seats hammered watching WWW for 17 hours drunk offa our fucking asses. Boy was that fun...anyway less of the love, more of the HATE :D

FIVE THINGS I HATE ABOUT WILD, WILD WEST

1)Kevin Kline - original master of disguise

2)The giant metal spider thing

3)Salma Hayek. Pretty to look at but not much of an actress (though I'll give her DOGMA)

4)Destroying Stevie Wonder

5)Will Smith's dripping ball-sack*

Wow...it's pretty pathetic that I have never seen "The Thin Red Line" (which I hear is good) but I have seen "Wild, Wild West" around 8 times...

*At the start when he falls outta the water tower

I liked number one. Not in a life changing way but I thought it was a fun movie. I actually got the first issue of the comic book (which has jack shit to do with the movie besides the agent's names) ages ago up on my wall. And not alot a c-books go on my wall...the only others are the first issue of the "Demon" (Jack Kirby), a "Preacher" issue signed by Garth Ennis, The "True Crime" about Amy Fisher and a real cheesy Cap one about the fight against drugs. Uh...I kinda veered off there somehow...okay back to the programme...

FIVE THINGS I HATE ABOUT MEN IN BLACK II

1)Johnny Knoxville was just plain embarrasing.

2)"Maybe I could be Agent M"

3)Tommy Lee Jones walking around for the first hour amazed at the world he knows not of.

4)That stupid fucking dog

5)Will Smith and Rosario Dawson's lovey-dovey moments were pretty fucking weak.