Hondo's Bar

Best drug music

Jumbie

What music is best for 'mood enhancing'?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"Whether or not a teenager decides to kill themselves is the biggest decision of their life."

"She's my best friend. God, I hate her."

"Doesn't this cafeteria have a no fags allowed rule?"

"Well, they seem to have an open door policy for assholes though don't they?"

"This isn't just a spoke in my menstrual cycle."

"This may seem like a really stupid question..."

"There are no stupid questions."

"You inherit 5 million dollars the same day aliens land on the earth and say they're going to blow it up in 2 days. What do you do?"

"That's the stupidest question I've ever heard."

"All we want is to be treated like human beings, not to be experimented on like guinea pigs or patronized like bunny rabbits."

"I don't patronize bunny rabbits!"

We can get back to drug music if you insist. But I think my opinion has been covered here.

"Atomic" by Blondie is great for amphetamines...Don't know from personal experience, but a crystal-meth whore said so once. I like the song, but I always thought it went better with alcohol

I dind't vote, caus eI don't do any drugs, but I would probably have gone for Floyd. And Wish You Were Here has to be better for listenign to under the influence. Come on! Shine On Crazy Diamond! Have A Cigar! Welcome To The Machine! The Title Track?

Edited by Jack's Meandering Thoughts

Sorry Jax, I have to go with Chiefy here, Dark Side of the Moon. I mean when Time comes on you're ready to rock anyhow and from then on you're in some bizarro world story. Wish you were here is great though.

By the way, anyone ever tried watching The Wizard of Oz synchronised with Dark Side? It actually does work, and it's pretty weird. Unfortuately, the film is longer than the album, so 3/4 of the way through you're left hanging with a choice: Turn the volume up and shatter the mood, or shut the movie off and be left unsatisfied.

Hey 2track: "Plain or BQ?"

Silly TulipO, if you restart the album right away, but having it on loop, it syncs up again. Not as well as th first time mind you, but some parts that didn't seem to sync up particularly well the first time sync up perfectly the sceond time around. You can go into the third time around for about 10 minutes for the movie ends. Try it again with the CD player on loop.

And Dark Side is a fantabulous album, but I have to go with Wish You Were Here as the best Floyd Album. All hits, no misses, every second of it is classic, while on DSotM, Any Colour You Like and On The Run piss me off after the hundredths listen for me.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...

For me...depends on the group of people and the type of drug...

Chillin with some stoners, come cards, and some OE...def The Doors or Bob Marley.

Just smokin...don't so much need music if in a group, we end up talking over it...but solo...always, Pink Floyd or Bob Marley.

Droppin rolls...def trance/house but it has to be bumpin...and not outta some pussy ass ipod dock...so we either end up at the club or at someones house who can accomodate.

Just getting drunk and wanna party or dance...Reggae all the damn way!!

• 1 month later...

I'm with Logan on the electronic stuff. VSnares, Aphex Twin, Dark Side of the Moog (listening to all 11 albums back to back while on acid has been a long dream of mine, too bad real acid doesn't exist anymore).

And hell between the first two bands alone you have literally a few months straight of music to listen too, more than enough for a lifetime worth of fucked-up-ed-ness.

Or you could take all that money you would invest tracking down and buying all that music into a synth and just make weird sounds of your own. Not too fun for the drunk crowd, but will amuse all others!