Hondo's Bar

Preacher

The NZA

That'd just further concrete Baytor's ridiculous assertion.

He's also the one to quote as saying trim the fat. I've said the fat's pretty much all there is. Without the hillbilly-shooting, Kraut-buggering, hard-fucking Irish Vampire fat you're more or less left with the Bible.

Or Tron.

I love fat.

It's usually the parts of stories that hold the most importance for me. Fuck every "correct" way to write, fuck all these little script writing rules. That's the shit I hate about adaptations, everyone's goal is to shift something compelling into the same homogenized bullshit.

Gotta, gotta compelling protagonist? Yeah?

Gotta obstacle for him to overcome?

Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah?

Granted, you could trim the Preacher story down to JUST THAT, but it would be trash. It's the stuff in between, it's the growth and the interactions that actually matter to me.

I wish there were more people like Charlie Kaufman out there. That guy writes from the heart and clearly doesn't give a fuck about how marketable he is.

I would support a trilogy, anything else is going to inevitably be shallow. Really, it shouldn't even be done. All this shit should just be straight up adapted on HBO or something.

For logans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOtCM4nelfs

That'd just further concrete Baytor's ridiculous assertion.

He's also the one to quote as saying trim the fat. I've said the fat's pretty much all there is. Without the hillbilly-shooting, Kraut-buggering, hard-fucking Irish Vampire fat you're more or less left with the Bible.

Or Tron.

:LOL:

:FHD: for that one, Jay!

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 9 months later...

It deviates so little

In a school playground, James Vance presses a shotgun to his chin and pulls the trigger. He and cohort Raymond Belknap had forged a suicide pact while listening to Stained Class by Judas Priest. But where Belknap succeeded, Vance fails. The dumbshit survives, destroying his face. He later uses his disfigurement to his advantage, terrorizing small children on his bicycle. Both kids' parents file suit against the band, but a judge ultimately rejects their subliminal message theory. Vance dies from painkillers on Thanksgiving three years later.

PreacherSpecial-TheStoryofYou-Know-Who-25.jpg

Does that young man have...cheese...on his head.

Sadly....sadly yes.

Edited by alive she cried