Hondo's Bar

Preacher

The NZA

SOF - youll love Lone Wolf, still my other favorite book.

MH - so glad to see antoher fan on board! let us all know (in spoiler tags) what you think as you go, to, cause its fun to see people discovering the characters.

Ly - holidays/roomie movin out this week, but i downloaded the book, i should have your disc(s) out inna mail next week or so m'man, dont give up hope yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Just to be clear we're all talking about foul language & drunken antics right? No All Hell's a-coming-style hijinks?

Just finished All Hell's, and about to start on Alamo (for those of you counting at home, this'll be book nine... the last one, eh? I think I'mma cry...)

Jay Jay:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Well now I could see why Acalis stalks the chick! Definitely a keeper. Lock that shit down SoF!! :)

Eh who can blame him!!! :worship: just look and me for heavens sake!!! :2T:

All jokin aside i did indeed promise to buy wayne the series, don't know what i'm letting myself in for!!

I talked about this over in the preacher forum. i love preacher, without a doubt some of the

greatest writing ever and i don't just mean comics, but ... ah I hated the ending way too cheezy for my

likeing, one of the biggest letdown's off my life

:)

That's about all I can manage right now.

:blink:

for me my problem with preacher wasn't the ending... it was fairly awesome the ending.. for me, it was the how cheesey some of the storyboarding was... but i think it was the angle they were going for.. i may be wrong, i know nothing of comics... it just seemed to fit in well with the overall theme of the books, but it was probably the only thing that managed to cause a slight itch in the pleasure that was reading preacher....

ok...here we go.

love stories usually annoy the shit out of me, but when something this cliched is

contained in one of the most orignal works ever, it just saddens me.

It'd be like at the end of taxi driver, after rescueing Iris, Travis gets together

with Betsy and they addopt Iris, or some shit.

But no Schrader and Scorcese decided not to end one of the greatest ever films

with cack.

But for some reason Ennis and Dillon did. I don't know why they thought a piece

shit, Hollywood ending would somehow make the story better.

"Oh look at me I'm Jesse and after dumping my girlfriend for the third time,

all I have to do is cry, and she takes me back.

I have a best friend who was cool, then a prick, but I forgive him for treating

the love of my like a piece of shit, I'll kill a guy for eating a horse, and only beat up

the guy who fucked with my girlfriend, but it's cool he was french, so it's ok."

Also is'nt it cool the way both Jesse and and cass can die and come back to life again,

and in the same issue no less, pure genius. I in no way found this to be a cop out.

Come on is no one else pissed off at the piece of piece ending?

That said, I loved every non-alamo issue.

It just annoyed me he put so little effort into end.

maybe it doesn't bother me since I've finally read it, but you might want to put any spoilers under the spoiler tag

Perhaps it's because I'm a woman, or perhaps it's because I'm a sucker for these, but...

right sorry i'm not used to this spoiler stuff.