Hondo's Bar

Preacher

The NZA

Sorry, I'm really high.

Moving on! DOJ mentioned Elvis and that made me think of the King's cameo. Remember when

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I gotta dig that bad boy out.

ASC-

Edited by MetalHeart

ASC- WROOOOOOONG

I'll defend the ending of Preacher until the day I die, so if my blood gets up don't take offence. Preacher is a state of mind. If you got no problem with psychology terms or prefer Chaplain to L&H fair enough, but you gotta feel the uhm... 'code' to be able to apprecxiate the story as you've exhibited. I'm the sorta fella feels the way Jesse does. YES it's probably a subtle form of misogyny/ chauvanism(sp), but it's still chivalry. It's old school. It's really the age-old JLA Vs Elite arguement.

i thought it was the logical point to end on..

It was the logical point. Because as wonky as it sounds, when all's said and done Preacher is at its heart a love story. Jesse and Tulip's relationship is what held the series together, it was the source of the greatest drama in the books and it was the arch that the story was built on. So yeah, it was perfectly fitting that the story ended there. There is no more fitting end for Jesse and Tulip than a ride into the sunset.

you know SB, musing over this, it's actually possible you're right about the love story stuff.

You see after I bought The first graphic novel, due to lack of funds there was a six month gap

before i got the second.

I must have read this a least a hundred times in that space of time.

I felt a big part of the story was

you know SB, musing over this, it's actually possible you're right about the love story stuff.

You see after I bought The first graphic novel, due to lack of funds there was a six month gap

before i got the second.

I must have read this a least a hundred times in that space of time.

ASC-

that actually makes, well the first bit i'm not sure about,

thanks skeet.

FUCKIN' SEX AND THE CITY.

sorry it's on the same room as me right now, and is driving me crazy

• 4 weeks later...
I talked about this over in the preacher forum. i love preacher, without a doubt some of the

greatest writing ever and i don't just mean comics, but ... ah I hated the ending way too cheezy for my

likeing, one of the biggest letdown's off my life

What the fuck is this 'tards problem? the start is average but the ending is genius.

I love this series, it has a special place in my heart for being damned awesome, I will say Alamo was probably my least favorite arc, at least I think it was, it's been too damn long since I read it. Thanks to Ninja for lending it to me all those years ago. Great great shit. It's what got me back into western comics in any real capacity after a rather long hiatus.

Can someone put up the rant that Herr Starr has when they bust into DeSades place?

I think it went "Oh there I was officer, injecting a syringeful of heroin into my eyeball while fellating a billygoat and all the sudden these men came in and started shooting everyone. My God! Aren't we even safe in our own orgies anymore?"

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the preacher cast just needs a big bear hug because they are just a bunch of pussies. Life is hard, too, too hard for me, and I need a scapegoat. Cry me a freaking river Jesse. Is it easier to blame God for your troubles then it is to blame yourself. The boy named Sue blamed his father for his troubles till he got a different point of view.