Hondo's Bar

Wolverine

The NZA

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

THE HUNT FOR WOLVERINE Explores Different Genres for LOGAN's Return

He has been making his way across the Marvel Universe in some of your favorite books, protecting an Infinity Stone, and keeping his secrets close. But his return has been an unsolved mystery--and now, it will all start to unravel, beginning with an epic quest that will leave no corner of the Marvel Universe untouched! The return of Wolverine begins here!

Helmed by superstar writer Charles Soule (Death of Wolverine, Astonishing X-Men) with art by David Marquez (The Defenders, Civil War II), THE HUNT FOR WOLVERINE #1 will reveal the timeline of events that leads to Logan’s shocking return to the Marvel Universe.

The answers all begin here--but so do the questions! This mystery will widen and deepen unlike any other mystery in the Marvel Universe, and fans won’t know which way to turn or where the truth really lies!

…and it’s all being orchestrated by the Death of Wolverine writer himself.

$

$

Death of Wolverine was turrible hopefully this is better 

• 7 months later...

it was a pretty shit story, even by wolverine standards

he revisits weapon X for the millionth time & lo and behold, it's operation yet again and making more monsters.  he does his thing where he takes out almost everyone (i forget why, but his healing factor was yet again on the fritz/gone) but the final push causes him to be encased in molten adamantium, in the most obviously reversible way.  i think kitty pryde phased him back out later or something  

aside: it's looking like old man logan might not survive past issue # 50 at this point...sucks.  

I was never a fan of old man logan as a regular series. The orifinal story really seemed like the kind of thing that needed to be left alone so it could be a self-contained story. I never even checked it out, though I heard the old wolverine showed up in the comics present... tl;dr on that?

i tend to agree, but as one of the last really good mark millar stories, it just did too well to be left alone, sadly.  he crossed over when the timelines collapsed at the end of 616 marvel (secret wars)

he got a regular series going cause 616 :wolvy: was dead and x-23 took the mantle/banana suit.  as you'd imagine, he spent the first arc or so trying to kill the villains he thought responsible for the events that fucked everything up in his timeline - but after resolving those loose ends, just became and older wolvy with the 80s/90s (up till losing the adamantium) healing factor; meaning, he wasn't quite as broken - shots at close range would force him to hide for a bit & heal.  i liked that, and also that writers didn't feel he had to be tied to the same 5 or so lame-ish villains.  Brisson has just made it a consistently enjoyable title for me, where wolvy books not written by jason aaron rarely manage to do that.

also, just checked - it's ending at issue 50.  had a good run. 

yeah...i was gonna see how that played out first. if its dumb enough, they'll retcon it with a quickness 

like when he was death

or had a bunch of kids that he murdered

or was some weird proto human thing 

or had to fight death everytime he had a mortal wound 

or could regenerate from being nuked for a time

or lost his nose and wore a pirate mask during his feral phase 

or went to hell and a demon used his body 

this happens a lot 

• 1 year later...