Hondo's Bar

Wolverine

The NZA

shadddupshaddupshaddup!

lmao!!! well i guess even regen cant last forever... in a bunch o comics wolverine dies... (NBDEGIHAIMPOSSIBLEEJNKGNLA:EG) sry sneezed on my keyboard *ahem*... anywho i need to get this comic...with deadpool.. if he appeared in an oroigins comic i must read it.. hopefullly it lives up to nicks hype but ill give any wolvie book a try .. even if it were made from guano.. yea... >_>...

So can someone tell me how Wolverine's able to be old now? Or did they do a fancy bone-claw style retcon on that as well?

youve read Days of Future Past and many other stories, yes? Logan's healing factor retards the aging process, it doesnt nullify it or he'd still be a kid.

Skeet - to be fair, Wolverine: The End wouldve worked better as pretty much any story that wasnt that.

seriously, somewhere between encoded messages in wine magazines, shitting on the scraps of Origins and a a finale that leaves :logan: the only "The End" book i recall whose protagonist doesnt, you know, end, the book was a great deal of shit.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

WOLORIG029_cov_medium.jpg

Wolverine: Original Sin is knocking my fucking socks off.

you get logan, seeing a chance for his boy to not end up in his shoes, and along the way, some quality Xavier vilification (par for the course these days) but a much bigger insight into :fuming: and specifically why he joined the x-men, how he lost his memories, all of it - i really feel like between this and the somehow-slept-on Wolverine Origins book, Daniel Way is picking right the fuck up where Origin left off, and he's quickly becoming my favorite wolvy writer.

also: WHERES MAH OLD MAN LOGANSES.

401781-75386_super.jpg

Ya'll should check out Original Sin like i mentioned, though - ill wait till it ends to give the seal of approval, but its looking really good thus far.

Wolverine # 69, the next "Old Man Logan" showed up, and hoo doggie...

Millar's having way too much fun with this vilified america, and im loving it almost more than i did with his efforts in Marvel 1985, just seeing the landscape play out, and the Unforgiven-esque ^_^ slowly returning to his roots has been all worth it. you start to realize only so much happens each issue, but even the pacing feels to me like a western...granted, one with dinosaurs and mole men, but nonetheless.

the worst part, though is Marvel saying the next ish is 12/17, since its the one where

wolverine finally says what happened and why he wont pop his claws. 5 issues in, the payoff should be great - cover/flashback in this issue says he slaughtered his own rogue's gallery when they came at him, no big deal right? i dont buy that the carnage pushed him over, though im assuming they likely took down some friends of his, mebbe the elf and such. my guess? in his worst berserker barrage, he took out some of those friends, too. im calling it, and if im right, ill love it if its done right as well; its been a fear they've toyed with since Cleremont & Miller, to finally see it - even in an alternate reality - would be a great payoff.

1226567762.jpg

wait, isnt creed already dead? oh, right.

...were we? was this the issue for that revelation? cause if you're sure, im thinking the Mt. Rushmore wasnt a pump-fake, especially given that he's one of the big names that didnt get mentioned yet, and the current cap arc and all.

you read this week's issue yet? thoughts?

this week's issue as in, the one I just commented on? I'm calling it's

an alternate reality Reed Richards. He & Sue disappeared right? Also, one of the first comics I read was a really old FF story about this Reed from some alternate crap obsessed with killing all his other selves-think he was the dark raider or someshit. Point is, this hooded man isn't gonna be some bog-standard Marvel Supervillian

Would be, but apparently the President is indeed the Hooded man who's behind everything re FF(dunno if you've been reading that- Millar going ape tech-wise-pretty cool), OML & 1985 and is also Doom's Mentor. Just saying it'd offer a more rational explanation as to Doom's perpetual hard-on for Reed.

I mentioned this in the journal thread- All three Millar Marvel Summer books tie in with the Hooded Man. He's Pulling Doom's strings in 1985, is the president in OML, and is in charge of the New Invaders in FF. I think OML gets the scoop on the ID of him/her, but then both other titles will be up to speed the following month and it'll all play out thusly.

totally didnt catch that. you think Millar's building some new supervillian, this mentor to Doom guy? it rings a bell, just not sure exactly where. i thought old Sue was calling the New Invaders shots, but what you're saying is kinda tying together. crazy Millar.

• 4 weeks later...

someone is the bitterest little hondonian today, sir

i tried finding you a checklist - i know at the beginning of the event, there was a page in the back of one of the issues outlining where to go next. The even sprawls X-Men Legacy, Wolverine Origins, that one-shot Wolverine: Original Sin, and i want to say thats it. the event's almost tied up but not yet, and again, im loving it - theyve completely changed xavier & :unsure: 's relationship, amongst other things. its worth hunting down.

the end of each part says "continued in...", doesnt it? lemme know if you still cant get it sorted.

• 4 weeks later...

1226567762.jpg

Holy Christmas! Fuck me sideways w/ Sarah Connor's cancer ridden corpse if this wasn't one of the greatest single issues of Wolverine ever. Evah, I say! I'm not sure how many more issues Millar & McNiven are going w/ this storyline, but this is the best dystopian tale of superheroes since Kingdom Come.

As for why Wolvie turned farmer...

That spread of mutilated mutants was mesmerizing. Give McNiven his Eisner now! I saw the mind-control bit coming, but was never once let down by the pacing of the story. And I loved how Millar used a non-mutant villain in Mysterio as the perpetrator. And not to get all ghey here, but that panel where Jubilee dies in his arms got me a tad misty eyed. I came on board to Volverine in the Jubilee team-up heydays of the 90s, so I've always liked the dynamic between those 2 characters.

However, I'm wondering a few things after reading this issue and maybe some more knowledgeable fanboys can help me out here:

Has Millar mentioned exactly when this 'Last Stand' battle at Vegas was to have occured in the Marvel timeline? Professor X & Emma Frost didn't appear to be anywhere in the pile of dead bodies (unless that was Emma and NOT Iceman in the bottom left hand corner). I saw the modern Beast & Cannonball, but Longshot, Havok & Polaris looked like they were in costumes from the 90s. Ditto for Jubilee.

Ain't Mysterio all dead like since Kevin Smith's run on Daredevil ages ago? Has someone else picked up his "mantle" in the Marvel U since then?

Mysterio mentioned "40 supervillains." Anyone think this means he killed 40 X-Men or just those shown in that 2 page spread when Logan realizes what he's done?

Edited by Mr. Hakujin