Hondo's Bar

Blossom, Bubble & Buttercup - The Powerpuff Girls

Reverend Jax

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the theaterical movie coming out July 3rd (with practically no publicity, thank you very much Cartoon Network!), figured I'd start a Powerpuff Thread. I love this cartoon. Lots of guys are initially turned of by the extreme cutseiness, but it really works for the show because its really an absurd level of cutseiness that is downright ludicrous in contrast to the sometimes downright brutal violence. The best Cartoon Cartoon series on CN (tied with Samurai Jack) in my opinion.

PS If I were to suggest a PPG movie outing, who anyone be interested?

well I like bubbles but I have to go with buttercup cause when I rage the way she reacts is the way I would hehehe

:buttercup: and I have to see this I am going to take My little one to see the powerpuff girls with the neighbor's kid I get to babysit all the time.. yeah its soo much fun when you don't get paid for it...damn it.. lol but I love'm  and eeehh PPG?? wtf is that supposed to mean..?

Another vote for buttercup here.  I vote for her especially because of the episode where they get turned into different superheroes.  I forget what here name was, but she was the coolest one, a shadowy figure that could only travel at night... heheh

Her name was scab i think.

Wonder if Blossom gets any votes?

As my cousin Marcela put it when she gave by sister Buttercup toe socks for christmas, "I didn't know if you liked Bubble or Buttercup best, but I know you didn't liek Blossom the best. Nobody likes Bloosom the best." Toe Socks rule!

Blossom reminds you of Liz?! Hmmm.... I think of Liz as more of a Buttercup. I don't know. Not that I need to worry about retribution. She'll never come across this thread :D I'm truely surprise Bubbles isn't holding her own against Buttercup. Most interging....

Anyway, PPG movie, July 3rd. That's a Wednesday, but (obviously) the day before July 4th, so most will have off of school or work. I went to see the last showing (midnight) of Lilo & Stitch and I was the movie in peace without screaming children. So I recommend a 'Big Boys and Girls' outing that evening. Some of you (like Eeyore) will want to take children to see the movie, but you can do that on your own time, either before or after. What's everone say. Obviously, I'm in, so that 1, and I have a cars, so I can take as many as 4 people in necesary? Give a shout out if you're in!

eeeehh jmt wrong Liz she is a (should I use friend??) well whatever someone we know that attends FIU.... and heyyyyyyy I am not taking my lil cusin to see it when I go out with my friends dude its not cool..plus I already saw Lilo and Stitch.  :p  twice hehehehe and I am going to take her after the day it comes out I am not going to take her the day that PPG comes out its too much craziness you know what I mean..??

Well we'll see if Alita and I can join you ok...

About the florida comment.... it's mostly south florida because Buttercup has the kind of attitude you need to get what you want down here. And she's kind of down to earth. But Bubbles is cute too. They are all cute!!

About the 3rd, I would go but my birthday is on the 5th and some of my friends wanted to take me on my b-day to go watch it. Other dd's are more than welcome to come!!! :D

Well, I saw it the 3rd. Reviews can go right here! My review:

Two thumbs up. This is a real treat for any fan of the series. can't say how a PPG layman would feel about it, but any fan should LOVE it. Teh look was great too. While in many was just like the series, it was clearly done more careful adn with a bigger budget, very unflat. Great stuff. Hope they make more!

• 1 month later...

:bubbles: :blossom: :buttercup:

This movie is a prequel to the series. Fans of the series know the origin thanks to an episode or two of quick flashbacks but this movie goes into far more detail. Far better than I thought it would be, its a fun lighthearted flick about the three heroes. I wouldn't recommend this film though if you've never seen any of the cartoon series, a lot of the content and theme is geared towards allready existing fans. If this is your 1st PPG experience, its gonna be kinda weird.

Find some young ones to spend time with and go check this one out while its still in theaters.

I had already started a thread about this in animation section: Blossom, Bubble & Buttercup - The Powerpuff Girls It started as a poll on favorite powerpuff girl adn moved on to hyping the movie and I posted my review there. Didn't get much attention, guess not as many people visit the animation section, or as I shall call it from not on to sound cool to myself, the animation station. Guess I'll put my old review here.

Well, I saw it the 3rd. Reviews can go right here! My review:

Two thumbs up. This is a real treat for any fan of the series. can't say how a PPG layman would feel about it, but any fan should LOVE it. Teh look was great too. While in many was just like the series, it was clearly done more careful adn with a bigger budget, very unflat. Great stuff. Hope they make more!

You know, the creators of this movie tried really hard to make a movie that would please the die-hard fans and appeal to strangers of the series. I haven't heard any non-series watcher's opinion. I guess if you don't watch the series, it's because you want nothing to do with the Powerpuff Girls, so you really wouldn't watch the movie. I don't know. Any non-series-regulars watch the movie? What's your take on it?